Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
-----------------------Pickford------------------------
Godfrey----------Tarks------Branth------------Young
-------------------------Gana--------------------------
----------------Onana--------Garner----------------
Dobbin-------------- Cannon-------------------Danjuma

Send a message after last week....And also maybe actually try and score a goal. The fact that I think we have to sit Patterson for someone like Ben Godfrey to play out of position is sad, but Pats ain't it, at least not yet.

Send a message after last week....And also maybe actually try and score a goal. The fact that I think we have to sit Patterson for someone like Ben Godfrey to play out of position is sad, but Pats ain't it, at least not yet.

Godfrey at RB is absolutely horrendous. Literally never once played well there.

I'd have Mykolenko left back and move Young to right back for the Wolves game

--------------------------Pickford-------------------------------------

Young---- Branthwaite--- Tarkowski ----Mykolenko

------------------------Garner--Gana----------------------------
-------------------------------Onana---------------------------------
Dobbin------------------------------------------------Danjuma
-----------------------------Cannon-----------------------------------

I'd go with Onana playing higher up the pitch to try win and lay off balls to the forwards which Doucoure just isn't that good at

sean-dyche-manager-everton-checks-821254809.jpg

Here we go again, quick turnaround, game over, focus on the next.

Up next are Wolves, a Home game against a struggling side, what better tonic could we ask for.

No easy games in this League, but this is REALLY easy, 3 points to the blue boys please Sean.

Goats 11 to start :

Pickford
Patterson - Godfrey - Tarks - Young
Garner - Onana - Gana - Danjuma
Doucs
Adams
No, do not adjust your screen, yes, im aware he hasnt signed, but thats the gamble you take when you do a preview a week in advance.

COYB

COYB 👏🏼

I mean, there simply has to be wholesale changes to a team that's absolutely stunk the place out for 1.5 games so far this season. You cannot give players a chance to 'make it right' when these very same players were dropped last season for EXACTLY the reason why fans want them dropped now.

I think all five of Young, Keane, Patterson, Doucouré and Gueye need to be out. I'd say Onana and Iwobi too but I just think the others in midfield have been slightly worse, even though those two have been appalling as well.

I'd go with:

Pickford
Godfrey-Tarkowski-Branthwaite-Myko
Onana-Garner-Onyango
Iwobi-Danjuma-Dobbin​

It won't be that, of course, but players should be dropped for their woeful efforts and others who've had to sit and watch should be given a chance to show they're capable of doing better.

In any case, due to have pathetic full back and attacking options across the entire squad, I see us losing this regardless of which xi is sent out.

If you apply the theory that teams who played particularly badly will come out in their next match with something to prove
and massively improve, this should be an entertaining, highly skilled affair. Can't see it, myself.

This is one of the 5 most winnable fixtures of the season. That said, it was the same last year and we somehow contrived to lose. If he puts Branthwaite in for Keane and we sign Adams in time I'd go for a narrow win. If not, I think a 0-0 draw, as neither team will want 3 losses on the bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back