Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought we played quite well yesterday but, unfortunately, we're just not getting the 'rub of the green' at the moment and it was just typical for us that their keeper turned into Sepp Maier (one for the kids there) for the day.

I would say that if we keep doing what we are doing our fortunes will change, but losing can become habitual and Everton could easily end up having the worst season in their Premier League history. And on that cheery note... I gave my MotM to James 'Rockford' Garner

Came away from the game feeling as miserable as f.....k. Since then I keep reading how well we played and how much better than Wolves we were. Don't know what to think sometimes. Maybe a combination of bad luck and incompetence.

Thought wolves was one of the few games we’d win this season.

I don’t particularly like the midfield right now, Gana, Garner, Onana are way too similar. There’s no creativity. At least Danjuma looks lively and chermiti doesn’t look too bad either.

And finally one of dyches favourites Keane got benched so at least someone pulled him up on that. And he’s bringing in guys like Dobbin and Cannon so that’s good to see.

I have one moan I would like to get off my chest and that is the team's inability
to change tactics during the game.
last week Villa toyed with us at corners playing short passes; yesterday Young fired in practice
corners for their keeper to catch. In both games EFC could not change tactics.

The difference already is we didn't start the last two seasons with three defeats an no goals scored. Dark times indeed.

That's a very optimistic view. The opponents lined up for our opening 4 games to start the season are a gift. And after 3 games we are dead last in the league and have yet to score a goal despite 2 games played at home.

And I certainly hope one of the injured players you are counting on returning with an impact isn't DCL. Nothing for 2 years. He is washed.

Leadership is what is missing most for this Club. In ownership, for sure. In management, even more. In coaches (not anti-Sean Dyche yet). But most of all - in players.
I am optimistic, because our recent problems have been, mainly, not enough goals, and I haven't given up on DCL.

There's no doubt that we've looked better with him in the side, whether he scores or not, and now we have Chermiti who looks
as though he could step in straight away given his cameo on Saturday, and the likely arrival of Beto,

You need twentyish scorers to win at the top, but only eight or ten to stay up, and I think that's where we will be.

Reactions: KMC

Status
Not open for further replies.