Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some very snippy toffees tonight. I thought you were supposed to be the more reasonable side of Liverpool.

With respect, it's hard for a Wolves fan to understand the feeling of our fanbase as you've only just come back to the big time having been out of it for so long.

We are a set of fans that expect us to be doing far better than we are. Forget the history aspect, under Moyes we were often challenging for 5th and 6th with minimal resources. We now have financial backing never seen at the club before, and yet we are no where near where we were under Moyes. That is frustrating and it shows with the reactions in the ground and online.

You put in a professional performance today and exploited our weaknesses, but this is a shambolic Everton side for organisation and heart so I wouldn't take too much out of the win today. 7th for Wolves is dreamland and your fans are understandably happy. But we've done it loads in recent history and it's not something we get carried away about. If Wolves break in to the top 6 regularly then I'll change my mind but I can't see it. There will be many challenges facing you next season that you haven't experienced before. I think you're fans will come to realise this over the coming seasons.

...nah, not for me. The players are accountable, no doubt about that but a very good manager gets them organised, gets them disciplined and gets them fired up.

The league isn’t great, it’s a fantastic time to break into the top four.

It's funny really, I looked back at where we were before the derby compared to now in the lead up to this match. I noted we had 3 "top 6" teams and 7 none top 6 teams. We achieved 0 points from the firmer and 7 from the latter. Had we have got 2 points per game from the other sides (so by no means winning all of them, but more, so for example turning any 3 of Brighton, Watford, Newcastle, Southampton or Leicester into wins we'd have had 40 points. Id we have picked up a couple of draws from the Liverpool/Spurs/City we'd have had 42 which would have been about par given how we were playing.

Imagine that. Being on 42 points, with the 3 above us wavering on 45, 47 & 47. Imagine what we'd all be saying. We'd have really fancied a big push toward the top 4. And you know what, prior to the derby, I bet if you'd have offered someone the above scenario, 2 points a game v none top 6 teams and a couple of draws people would have been disappointed.

We have royally messed this season up. The top 6 are not unreachable. We just keep making a mess of things.

It was clear before kick off that we did not have the players to match Wolves. Great loss was Gana in defence.

Davies tried hard in midfield and Gomes was much better, but we still struggled to make chances. And while Wolves are clever enough to create openings - especially from their sharp counter attacks - in the event, they didn't have to. We gave the ball away in midfield and failed to mark when defending, just as we usually do.

Positives are increasingly hard to find.

Last edited:
We won't be. We're not THAT bad. We're just horrifically midtable

Mate we concede from set pieces more than any other team in the league and it’s a silva trait. The cb plot and I have seen is torn open and the keeper 1 on 1 more times than I have ever seen, and we get done by simple balls over the top becuase of our high line we are shocking. Take those first 7 games or so out of the season and we have relegation form

It's funny really, I looked back at where we were before the derby compared to now in the lead up to this match. I noted we had 3 "top 6" teams and 7 none top 6 teams. We achieved 0 points from the firmer and 7 from the latter. Had we have got 2 points per game from the other sides (so by no means winning all of them, but more, so for example turning any 3 of Brighton, Watford, Newcastle, Southampton or Leicester into wins we'd have had 40 points. Id we have picked up a couple of draws from the Liverpool/Spurs/City we'd have had 42 which would have been about par given how we were playing.

Imagine that. Being on 42 points, with the 3 above us wavering on 45, 47 & 47. Imagine what we'd all be saying. We'd have really fancied a big push toward the top 4. And you know what, prior to the derby, I bet if you'd have offered someone the above scenario, 2 points a game v none top 6 teams and a couple of draws people would have been disappointed.

We have royally messed this season up. The top 6 are not unreachable. We just keep making a mess of things.
If If If ....... The top six ARE unreachable with the present staff and players at this club Better organised in every department than us.

What an absolute steaming pile we've become. While the buck stops ultimately with our terrible manager, are the players not seasoned professional footballers? I know the system they are being instructed to play isn't working, but they must surely be able to use some initiative on the pitch.It's their job ffs, its all they do every f'in day, its in the job title "PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER".Do one EFC you set of fupping baxters.

Last edited:
Is it wrong that I actually begin to care very little about how this group of over paid individuals, who dare to wear the RBJ, actually destroy every tradition that WAS Everton FC, actually perform.

To be honest, they have left me behind in their relentless pursuit of ridiculous earnings that is in no way linked to performance and passion on the p

The BR family remains loyal to EFC but no longer do we get excited about those who purport to represent us and our values.

I have no simple answer. In recent years we have employed "managers" who were guaranteed multi million payouts if let go. I have given up explaining any logic in this to my wife and daughter, both of whom are in the nursing profession....paid peanuts for seriously dedicated commitment to real people.

Very depressing.

Marco said he and the players are very angry,once againlollol
Bet their not happy, because very very soon, the fans will be on their backs and playing at home will be a nightmare for them. Away from the ground ,their in a comfort zone of - No pressure to win anything, no pressure of being relegated and easy money being paid to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back