Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fully expecting richy to be sold in summer.

Sure to have some suitors and his agent will be angling for a move to a champs league club.

That way we can actually sign some players too

Let me explain my statement, I don't think that supporters are overly annoyed about today, we could see today's result coming. What I find so hard to take is how has this happened to our club, how is it being allowed to happen week in week out.
On MOTD Gary Lineaker was making jokes about the cat doing more running than some of our players,. Normally I would react badly to something like that but then you realise that these players and management.have reduced this great club to a figure of fun.
I had hoped for a reaction following Millwall, the mid-week win was poor but it was a win and something to build on, but no, it is not to be.
It will take the new stadium, good management and 5 years to make us any more than a mid-table team and I can't see where the good management is going to come from unless Brands is the messiah we are led to believe he is.

Let me explain my statement, I don't think that supporters are overly annoyed about today, we could see today's result coming. What I find so hard to take is how has this happened to our club, how is it being allowed to happen week in week out.
On MOTD Gary Lineaker was making jokes about the cat doing more running than some of our players,. Normally I would react badly to something like that but then you realise that these players and management.have reduced this great club to a figure of fun.
I had hoped for a reaction following Millwall, the mid-week win was poor but it was a win and something to build on, but no, it is not to be.
It will take the new stadium, good management and 5 years to make us any more than a mid-table team and I can't see where the good management is going to come from unless Brands is the messiah we are led to believe he is.
To tell the truth, I'm starting to worry about brands too.

He needs to show his hand regards silva sharpish

This!
sums up perfectly

Fully expecting richy to be sold in summer.

Sure to have some suitors and his agent will be angling for a move to a champs league club.

That way we can actually sign some players too
Not arsed about any single player we have leaving, Gomes is probably the player I would like us to buy.

I wonder what the manager and coaching staff do during the week.

Yesterday was terrible. How can Raul, who is their top aerial threat, be loosely marked by Coleman in front and Richarlison some yards behind?
It beggars belief. How can EFC have scored just one goal from a corner all season?

Disillusionment has set in. How can our best player over the last ten years, Baines, concede a school-boy penalty? How can Silva pick Walcott?
The fella has no heart for the job and regularly goes through entire matches without looking for work. Another two years of watching Walcott pretend
to be involved and bottling tackles whilst making 100k a week will do me in.

The stadium, Wolves and more importantly gave up the ghost with 15-20 minutes to go and the lack of fight, confidence and tactical awareness was
sad. Wolves had a plan: block EFC down the wings, hustle, wait for mistakes and counter-attack. But everybody knew that before the game kicked-off so
what was Silva's plan? Tosun cost lots of dosh and thrives on through-balls and half-chances in the box but Wallcott and Richarlsion do not pin the ball
into the area. The defensive system sucks but that can be fixed but what troubles me is that EFC does not have even a half-decent attack.

Coleman has to go, sadly, but I was impressed by Kenny's distribution when he went to right-back, Gomes looked a warrior yesterday after a few dodgy
games, but the rest were outplayed and Silva was out-thought. As another writer has put it, its getting clear why Silva was not allowed to buy anyone
in the window.

My take on it all is Silva should be given a minimum of 2 seasons to get the team together. The issue with starting with a team from scratch is you’re hard pressed for finding a leader in the team when it’s their first season together also not all the players will gel together well instantly.

If we were to be looking for a new manager after next season I would like Arteta to return as the new head of the team. Obviously is studying well under Pep and even got many good reviews spoken about him by Pep. In my eyes could be to us what Solskjaer is to United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back