Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My take on it all is Silva should be given a minimum of 2 seasons to get the team together. The issue with starting with a team from scratch is you’re hard pressed for finding a leader in the team when it’s their first season together also not all the players will gel together well instantly.

If we were to be looking for a new manager after next season I would like Arteta to return as the new head of the team. Obviously is studying well under Pep and even got many good reviews spoken about him by Pep. In my eyes could be to us what Solskjaer is to United.

Solskjaer went out and earned his chance. Arteta has done nothing. Went well for Henry didn’t it?

Solskjaer went out and earned his chance. Arteta has done nothing. Went well for Henry didn’t it?
Thought about this too. Henry has only been the second fiddled to the second fiddle of a national team ran by none other than our famed Robby Martinez for about 14 months which included about 8-10 games outside the World Cup. Easily could say he had very minimal quality coaching exposure prior to Monaco who, in terms of team quality and current form, is a level below us at this point.

That spells failure from the beginning where Arteta has been with Pep since he came to the league and has had 2.5 years of studying under the brightest football mind in the world. Wouldn’t be unfair to say Arteta would be miles ahead of Henry.

Also Solskjaer was a flop At Cardiff and at Molde his second season he lost out of Europa in qualifying round and second in a far inferior league. He was never expected to do this well. He was supposed to just hold them over until the new coach came in but showed that he has what it takes at a club he loves.

With respect, it's hard for a Wolves fan to understand the feeling of our fanbase as you've only just come back to the big time having been out of it for so long.

We are a set of fans that expect us to be doing far better than we are. Forget the history aspect, under Moyes we were often challenging for 5th and 6th with minimal resources. We now have financial backing never seen at the club before, and yet we are no where near where we were under Moyes. That is frustrating and it shows with the reactions in the ground and online.

You put in a professional performance today and exploited our weaknesses, but this is a shambolic Everton side for organisation and heart so I wouldn't take too much out of the win today. 7th for Wolves is dreamland and your fans are understandably happy. But we've done it loads in recent history and it's not something we get carried away about. If Wolves break in to the top 6 regularly then I'll change my mind but I can't see it. There will be many challenges facing you next season that you haven't experienced before. I think you're fans will come to realise this over the coming seasons.

My original point was, for years evertonians have ripped into the red side of your city for being delusional. Reading through this thread a lot of your supporters could be accused of the same

Yesterday sapped away a fair level of the tolerance I've had for Silva. All credit to Wolves, who look a well organised team, but they faced no real challenge.

We offered no creativity, fight or resilience bar a ten minute interval that straddled the goal, and even then it wasn't anywhere near what we require or expect.

Apart from the goal, their keeper didn't need to make a meaningful save until close to ninety minutes and the shameful aspect is that this is becoming common.

Defensively, well I could be typing here all day for the deficiencies that we showed yesterday. What was Baines doing? Keane? The second goal? Pfft!

Whoever is coaching our defence - if they are at all - needs to be axed as we're becoming a laughing stock with how we pitifully try and deal with set-pieces.

I'm not an advocate of sacking managers after such a short tenure and I am still edging to that side of the argument, however Silva is creating his noose!

Once again however, the atmosphere from the crowd was woeful, which isn't helping things either. Yes it's a two-way thing, but we've become almost mute.

Wolves weren't even particularly good today. They were just the better team by not being Everton. All they had to do was park the bus and wait for us to screw up, which we obliged generously. Anytime Wolves had to work the ball up the field they did very little with it.
The really sad thing is, the game plan Wolves used is exactly how we should be playing, especially if we are going with that 4-2-3-1 formation, I've figured out our problem, we use a defensive formation and then proceed to use a possession based passing style, that along with the fact we don't seem to work on defending set plays, is the cause of 90% of our issues. It's not the players it's the manager, playing an attacking style with a defensive formation.

Yesterday sapped away a fair level of the tolerance I've had for Silva. All credit to Wolves, who look a well organised team, but they faced no real challenge.

We offered no creativity, fight or resilience bar a ten minute interval that straddled the goal, and even then it wasn't anywhere near what we require or expect.

Apart from the goal, their keeper didn't need to make a meaningful save until close to ninety minutes and the shameful aspect is that this is becoming common.

Defensively, well I could be typing here all day for the deficiencies that we showed yesterday. What was Baines doing? Keane? The second goal? Pfft!

Whoever is coaching our defence - if they are at all - needs to be axed as we're becoming a laughing stock with how we pitifully try and deal with set-pieces.

I'm not an advocate of sacking managers after such a short tenure and I am still edging to that side of the argument, however Silva is creating his noose!

Once again however, the atmosphere from the crowd was woeful, which isn't helping things either. Yes it's a two-way thing, but we've become almost mute.

I could have typed that myself . The fan base seemed to have turned on silva incredibly quickly and I’ve defended him to mates over a post game pint but after Millwall and yesterday it’s becoming more difficult, if not impossible because that was just awful .

The crowd is gone Even a couple of bad decisions yesterday couldn’t get a reaction for more than a couple of seconds , but I’m as bad I was in the boozer before the end of the game I’d just had enough .

The crowd is gone Even a couple of bad decisions yesterday couldn’t get a reaction for more than a couple of seconds , but I’m as bad I was in the boozer before the end of the game I’d just had enough .
When Baines gave away the penalty, the response from the crowd was woeful. A few years ago we'd have tried to buoy them up, but instead it was like a morgue!

The only player that received a song yesterday was Coleman; now, I understand he did make a great covering play however overall he was pretty close to woeful.

Why aren't we getting behind the players who are performing? Where's the ol' roar for Z-Cars? Jenas said it yesterday on MOTD that Goodison was a fortress.

Now... well, it's difficult to get any atmosphere. I appreciate that it's a mutual relationship where the players need to entertain us, but we have a duty as well.

A fried yesterday said something and it really made me think - "The only noise Everton fans makes is negative." I couldn't really rebut what he was saying!

Bet their not happy, because very very soon, the fans will be on their backs and playing at home will be a nightmare for them. Away from the ground ,their in a comfort zone of - No pressure to win anything, no pressure of being relegated and easy money being paid to them.
We will then get the blame for their poor performances as it would hurt their feelings.

When Baines gave away the penalty, the response from the crowd was woeful. A few years ago we'd have tried to buoy them up, but instead it was like a morgue!

The only player that received a song yesterday was Coleman; now, I understand he did make a great covering play however overall he was pretty close to woeful.

Why aren't we getting behind the players who are performing? Where's the ol' roar for Z-Cars? Jenas said it yesterday on MOTD that Goodison was a fortress.

Now... well, it's difficult to get any atmosphere. I appreciate that it's a mutual relationship where the players need to entertain us, but we have a duty as well.

A fried yesterday said something and it really made me think - "The only noise Everton fans makes is negative." I couldn't really rebut what he was saying!

Lack of enthusiasm in the crowd is hardly surprising given the results of late.

Lack of personality and character on the pitch, shows with performance and relationship with fans. Just someone who can inspire others to put that extra effort in. Because this current squad is soft both physically and mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back