Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton vs Arsenal 22/10/2017 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it we were lucky to be leading as long as we did. Their equaliser on the strike of half time killed us, we didn't have anything to 'hold on to' coupled with the sending off...well the inevitable happened. I don't think in my lifetime I've ever seen a team cut right through us so often and so easily. 30 shots against us says it all. We looked like a side short on confidence, lacking in organisation and bereft of any pace or creativity.
The team definitely needs a lift. As crazy as it sounds sacking the manager and letting unsworth and royle take over the reins on an interim basis, just might give give us that lift. It might give some players their much needed confidence back, but there is no doubt, they will be better organised than what we witnessed today.

Match of the day summed it up , lack of pace and width and bypassing two number tens coupled with a lack of shape and organisation equals a mess
Unfortunately however, bar the odd but short-lived adaptation, this has been mainstay of our approach all season and still no sign of change.

The players look void of ideals and confidence because of being shackled by poor choices from above, while Koeman now resembles a broken man.

It is our young and inexperienced players, who are meant to be learning their trade, that are the only barrier between us a cricket score!

The saddest thing about yesterday was that when I walked out the usual masses people were not angry or upset with the result; it was apathy.

An almost reluctant acceptance that we're going to lose at home has seeped into the fan base, and even worse, a drumming was calmly endured.

Let's face it we were lucky to be leading as long as we did. Their equaliser on the strike of half time killed us, we didn't have anything to 'hold on to' coupled with the sending off...well the inevitable happened. I don't think in my lifetime I've ever seen a team cut right through us so often and so easily. 30 shots against us says it all. We looked like a side short on confidence, lacking in organisation and bereft of any pace or creativity.
The team definitely needs a lift. As crazy as it sounds sacking the manager and letting unsworth and royle take over the reins on an interim basis, just might give give us that lift. It might give some players their much needed confidence back, but there is no doubt, they will be better organised than what we witnessed today.

And realistically, could it get any worse anyway?

Wheeling out some trusted faces would at least build some love from us fans. We've then got 12 or more game until the window opens to see where we honestly need to build. A few ageing players yes, but right now without a pattern, players out of position and no confidence it's too hard to judge everyone accurately.

Really would be happy to see Unsy in right now. I said get him or Big Dunc in prior to Koeman anyway. Maybe a moderator here can dig out the responses I got at the time : ) There are a few young managerial prospects around like Stubbs who could drop into U23s, too.

With attack-minded players like Coleman, Barkley, Bolasie to come back, Lookman, Lennon unused (can someone also get Galloway / Garbutt back and warmed up for left-back, too?) this team has all the ingredients it needs to do fine except its current leadership. Maybe Barkley as cap'n would settle him (it worked for Rooney and Becks in the past) and a charge up the league put him in the window for a world cup berth. Which we'd then win easily.

Chr*st I can't wait for the rest of the season*

*Goes for a sit-down, cold flannel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back