Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton vs Arsenal 22/10/2017 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
coleman, calvert lewin and davies. that's all what remains of everton for me. pickford and vlasic id give time.

but the rest of the players - over paid, over rated, over the hill, weak, selfish, gutless, clueless, useless, spineless, liability, mentally weak, physically weak - take your pick.
get rid of all them asap

...it’s not just the defeats, it’s the manner of the defeats. Our goal difference is -11 which is a very poor indictment of how the team is set up.

Had to go for Pickford because of his contribution over the entire 90mins. Vlasic is smashing, reminds me so much of a young Jack Wilshire. Unfortunately he ran out of steam. The managers post-match comments were almost defeatist, rather than setting the side up to be hard to beat and competitive. We know Arsenal don’t like a bruising encounter, i’m afraid a number of our players sauntered through the game which doesn’t reflect well on the relationship with the Manager.

Only a matter of time.

I'm not one for premature decisions where Everton managers are concerned....but today has forced me to accept the deed needs to be done and done without delay.
The group around me in the Paddock are all long-term STH's and when to a man you sit and watch that pitiful performance and come to the same conclusion then it's over.
The players have been abject in their application and performance all season, be it in Europe or the League. Too many have a losing mentality, too many have no spine and too many have no affinity with Everton....and that includes charlatans like Baines, Jagielka and Mirallas. Sick of watching them plod through games with zero commitment knowing full well the manager will always be the scapegoat.
That said, he's done himself no favours and I simply don't see how he can change the current malaise. He seems totally inflexible and tactically he seems incapable of even bringing about a sniff of a revival. Chelsea will knock us out the Cup, even if they play the reserves, Leicester will have too much pace for us and Watford will take us apart. That's worrying.....a reserve side and two teams we should never fear, yet I can't see where we get a win.
Take Steve Walsh too....waste of a salary.

Some things just don't work out and the Koeman project is sadly one of those.

After yet another pathetic excuse for a football team displaying absolutely naf all him and his brother need to go. I’ve seen more heart in a dead person it’s a bad day to be a blue well bad 3 months so far

MyCountdownMeme_zpsaaeagdsq.jpg
Or

-ZoOmq8-

...it’s not just the defeats, it’s the manner of the defeats. Our goal difference is -11 which is a very poor indictment of how the team is set up.

Had to go for Pickford because of his contribution over the entire 90mins. Vlasic is smashing, reminds me so much of a young Jack Wilshire. Unfortunately he ran out of steam. The managers post-match comments were almost defeatist, rather than setting the side up to be hard to beat and competitive. We know Arsenal don’t like a bruising encounter, i’m afraid a number of our players sauntered through the game which doesn’t reflect well on the relationship with the Manager.

Only a matter of time.

I don't think they did. They just dived into challenges left right and centre. You can be aggressive but still need organisation.

The amount of times I saw Rooney and Siggurdson diving in and players just skipping past them isn't "aggression" it's stupid. We lost because we were stupid.

I don't think they did. They just dived into challenges left right and centre. You can be aggressive but still need organisation.

The amount of times I saw Rooney and Siggurdson diving in and players just skipping past them isn't "aggression" it's stupid. We lost because we were stupid.

..I thought Rooney tried to set a tempo at the start but a lot of the lunges you refer to came after he gave possession away. The goal was terrific because we pressed high up the pitch and Gueye won that brilliant challenge. I felt Gueye’s first yellow card was a key moment because he had to drop a gear and there wasn’t much ball winning capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back