Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton vs Arsenal 22/10/2017 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lennon at RB shouts would be reasonable in any game where we weren't playing Alexis Sanchez. I'd go Kenny because Holgate has been a disaster of late

We win this we are back in with a shot of finishing 5th and getting back into the Europa league again. Great. This is what football has come to, qualify for Europe and never win it. Qualify for Europe and never win it. Year after year. Setting goals to finish top 5 is poo. F the league, lets win the league cup or FA.

Pretty bad combination when you've not got the players to play a passing game but no presence up front to play it long.

..the daft thing (for me) is that the players he’s bought are all passing players. Rooney, Vlasic, Kaassen, Sigurdsson are all join in players, yet it looks like he wants to go long. I’m ok if it works but it contradicts the players he’s purchased.

Well, the way other results are going, we are out of the relegation zone on goal difference only.

No pressure then!

Dreading this game tomorrow, just like pretty much every game this season. Whatever team he puts out, i would like to see the whole team with similar aggression and passion as Williams the other night but in a controlled manner i.e without silly fisticuffs and handbags and paces etc. It will rattle them and put them off their passing game. Then send Niasse on for the last 30 mins to try and get us a goal. Easy. lol

It is getting harder to be positive and optimistic but i am still hanging in. COYB's !!!

Last edited:
2 possible game plays from the first whistle.

Option 1. Get at them straight away with a fantastic tempo, get the crowd excited, and we grab an early goal with confidence visibly growing.

Option 2. Start really hesitantly, continually move the ball across our back line, allow Arsenal to settle and get at us, we go a goal down and confidence evaporates. The crowd grows toxic.

Guess which one I'm betting on?

2 possible game plays from the first whistle.

Option 1. Get at them straight away with a fantastic tempo, get the crowd excited, and we grab an early goal with confidence visibly growing.

Option 2. Start really hesitantly, continually move the ball across our back line, allow Arsenal to settle and get at us, we go a goal down and confidence evaporates. The crowd grows toxic.

Guess which one I'm betting on?
The first 1?

Random Reddit comment about this matchup:

RhwjhLH.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back