Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton vs Arsenal 22/10/2017 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope that our fans get behind the team and the manager today instead of the usual whinging at the slightest mistake.Some support would help their confidence no end.If the fans get behind the team Everton to win 3-1

I would hope that our fans get behind the team and the manager today instead of the usual whinging at the slightest mistake.Some support would help their confidence no end.If the fans get behind the team Everton to win 3-1

It's tomorrow mate.

If we can't show some fight against these (the softest team in the prem), we are done.
North of the 25.
It might be a bit cool and rainy.
Southern Softies.

Get in their faces, reproduce those 10/15 mins After the Silliness.

Most Important - pick a decent starting 11

= Everton Win.

Then Sack Koeman

= Perfect.

...regardless of who plays i’m fully expecting route one tactics.

You could see during the midweek game that the team were not following orders to hit long balls. Since then RK has said we give the ball away when we try to pass it. I fully expect lots of long balls. Logic can only predict one winner and it’s not us.
Pretty bad combination when you've not got the players to play a passing game but no presence up front to play it long.

Pickford
Lennon Keane Williams/Jags Baines

Gueye Davies

Vlasic Sigurdson Mirallas/Lookman

DCL/Niasse

Width, some pace, and players in their positions - we haven't got a RB available but we've seen Lennon do a job there.

Shockingly we are still just a run of good results from being well placed I'd say. Unfortunately can't see Koeman turning it around.

Never fear two defensive midfielders, Holgate at full back, Rooney and Siggy bumping into each other with Davies and Lookman eyeing the game from the bench. We should give them a game 0-3 methinks. Bottom three by the end of the weekend which will be enough for Koeman's ouster. Maybe the best thing for us at the moment to turn our season around. Utter codswallop.

I was tempted to drop Keane but I guess the return of Jags will help so that is a good chance for the boy to redeem himself on Sunday. Both Holgate and Martina are terrible at full back so I will give Davies a go. Sigurdsson to move to CM like when he is playing for Iceland. Proper wingers should be playing and hopefully 3 points against Arsenal on Sunday. In case Schneiderlin is not recovered in time...

Pickford

Davies Keane Jagielka (capt) Baines

Gana Sigurdsson

Lookman Vlasic Mirallas

Niasse

Subs: Williams, Rooney, Lennon, McCarthy, Klaassen, Stekelenburg, Calvert-Lewin.

Unavailable: Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Barkley, Coleman, Funes Mori, Kenny (all injured).

Now that looks more like it! This please Ronald.

Pickford

Kenny Keane Jagielka Baines

Vlasic Gana Davies Lookman

Sigurdsson

Rooney

I wish he'd start making like for like changes too and none of this forced stuff he's been attempting all the time. Niasse/Calvert Lewin potentially to go on up front if Rooney's not working. If both go on and switching to 4-4-2, we have to keep the shape of a 4-4-2. So would mean Sigurdsson back in CM and Gana off, or take Sigurdsson off. In the centre as well, he simply should not take Davies off leaving a centre midfield of players like Sigurdsson/McCarthy and Gana. Sigurdsson lacks pace and Gana and McCarthy are both defensive minded and don't have the drive that Davies has to get forward.

Mirallas or Lennon could come on, on the wing if the young lads aren't playing well.

He has to stop with this patched up unbalanced side as it impacts the whole team and it's no surprise when 7 or 8 players have poor games as for me it comes back to his set up of the formation and playing players out of position every time.

I’ve seen them beat us 7 nil and 6-1 in the flesh. I’m not sure I could take another one
Was at the 7-0. We have Pickford in goal though, nobody could be as bad as Richard Wright was that day.
There were some positives to take from the Lyon game so hopefully wont be too bad tomorrow. As has been pointed out already, just try and get in their faces early on and hope they make a mistake.
Would like to see two strikers, DCL always looks better with some support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back