Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering who we have available I don’t really think it is.
It really is.

Dele has played central as the CF in pre-season. None of Gray, Gordon or McNeil have. We have no target to hit. Dele is good in the air and around the box. None of Gray or Gordon are, and McNeil hasn't got a huge track record for it despite his goals last week.

We're going to have to play it on the deck, against Chelsea...

People have for some reason been confident heading into this one.

I honestly think we'll get done by 2 or 3.

Not gonna start panicking like, but we have nowt up top and Iwobi and Doucoure in midfield.

Defence looks decent
Midfield has legs
2/3 of the forwards will press

All about defending today and trying to sneak one.

Id be thrilled with a draw

Gray likely a bit more useful on the counter. At least that’s how I’m justifying it
Play Gray and Gordon/McNeil either side then mate.

It's bizarre on paper. Let's see how it plays out, but can't say I'm impressed, not that he has much options, but Dele gives us some presence at least in the box.

Wasnt expecting that

Get alli gone frank musnt rate him
Or, he might be worried that Alli won't pin the Chelsea defence back and instead will drop into the half space. Perhaps he feels whoever he has selected will run at them. And then he might want Alli on to get control of the ball later.

Not saying it's true btw, but it may not be as straightforward as you say. I wanted Alli to start, for the record.

May have preferred deli to start to at least to offer Gordon something up top TBH but will be interesting.. ?don't F this up royally COYB

It really is.

Dele has played central as the CF in pre-season. None of Gray, Gordon or McNeil have. We have no target to hit. Dele is good in the air and around the box. None of Gray or Gordon are, and McNeil hasn't got a huge track record for it despite his goals last week.

We're going to have to play it on the deck, against Chelsea...
Not sure I agree with the idea of Dele being a big threat as a target man but I’d have still started him. Just saying I can understand going with Gray as well. Neither are ideal options

Status
Not open for further replies.