Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the fee for Delle based on appearances specify starting appearances? That’s the only reason I can think of for putting him on the bench other than he just looks rubbish / lazy in training.

this is something I thought about over the last few weeks. is the clause appearances, per 90 mins played or per start? would really affect how we use him.

alternatively he could just be turbogash.

That is a pretty mobile forward 3 to be fair, full of running along with our wing backs and midfield. Chelsea, regardless of the last few months have excellent footballers so setting up with speed and endeavour is surely better than trying to outplay them? They certainly didn’t like it up em last game, Mount, Havertz, Azpuelicueta all lost their heads last season. Perhaps Gordon and Gray will alternate being the furthest forward?
COYB!

Shocking 1st 11, with no striker, a winger playing as a striker, no Dele and a 2 man midfield which never works. Lampard just doesn't learn
It is odd. But maybe he’s thinking 5 at the back when we’re defending with McNeill and Gordon joining Iwobi and Doucs in midfield and leaving Gray as a pacey outlet. Then in possession Patterson and Myko can push up allowing Gordon and McNeill to move into more advanced positions. Anyone want a straw? I’ve grasped loads of em!

Status
Not open for further replies.