Match Thread Everton vs Liverpool, Goodison Park, Oct 4th, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting to see if we get a performance like Southampton and Chelsea (at it from the off) or one like last night where we needed to go all out attack. I sometimes think when it's 0-0 like it was at Spurs we tend to just keep playing poorly, indeed what would have happened last night had WBA not scored 2, would we have just meandered on for another 0-0? I hope Martinez keeps up the game winning substitutions because unlike previous years we have nothing to fear even being 2 down to them we can score lots when we really turn it on and their defence is poor so I hope we go for a win rather than just doing what we put in against Spurs and first half last night, first half Watford.

We are more than good enough all over the pitch to beat these comfortably. The result will be dictated purely by what level of performance we are at. If we're anywhere near last nights second half level of the Chelsea game level we'll win.

keep-calm-and-hate-reds-1.png

I look at this fixture and the terrifying thing is that we should absolutely win this game. They've been leaky in defense, might as well be non-existent in the midfield, and they rely on the glass cannon of Sturridge to look even remotely threatening going forward. Their manager is under pressure, can't pick a team to save his life, and seems to be laboring under the delusion that he is the second coming of Christ. They even have a Europa League fixture midweek for goodness sake.

We are at Goodison, coming off a massive come from behind victory, with all of our important attacking players in form and up to snuff fitness wise, and our defense set to be bolstered with the return of Stones and Coleman. Goodison will be absolutely rocking, our manager has rediscovered his mojo, and the young guns are overflowing with confidence.

In my years of supporting Everton, I've never seen us best the lot across the park. I swear to God, there is just no excuse for us to be losing this. Smash these 3-0, do United at Goodison again, and we'll be roaring into the Emirates as favorites.

I think the fans will play a huge part. We need to get behind the lads for the whole game, the whole of the Gwladys street should be on their feet for the 90 minutes urging the blue boys on. Going in too cocky will simply create problems, yes they are awful but we have a habit of playing poorly against teams who we expect to win against. But if worth pointing out THE CITY IS OURS, I've noticed a huge change in recent years, their fans are a bit like the Panda in Liverpool their going extinct. I remember when you used to work round town perhaps 6 years ago, it was full of the morons walking round dressed head to toe in Red. Nowadays their pathetic support can't even fill half of the lower tier at an away game in France. We took 8000 fans to France last year, I was one of them. Lets be honest lad's how many of you can honestly say you know more than 10 reds who actually go to the games. I know about 5 maybe six and that's about it, the others only claim to support Liverpool because it's an excuse to go to the pub and get p*ssed.

We will win this game, we are a better team, have better players in the key positions and a manager who knows what he is doing.
I don't know if Benteki will play but I think Jags is good enough for him, Stones up against Sturridge is a win for us.
I don't think they can hurt us from anywhere else.
2-0 and on we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.