Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton vs Lyon 19 October, 20:05

WELL?

• EVERTON WIN

Votes: 107 34.2%
  • DRAW

Votes: 43 13.7%
  • GET DEN PERRY OUT

Votes: 163 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This match is a test for Koeman as much as anything. If he at least puts out a team that tries to harness as much width and pace as we can find in the squad and scraps this dumb two defensive centre mids Ill give him a pass mark, regardless of
the result.

Now that it's a must win game against the strongest team in the group he'll sadly play the safest possible team, which means all the older players, no youngsters, safe 2 X DMs, rooney and gylfi and Williams, and Baines, Martina

I'm worried the team will be
Stek,
Martina - Williams - Keane - baines
Schneiderlin - Gana
Vlasic Gylfi Rooney
DCL

and it should be
Pickford
Kenny - Keane - Jags - Baines

Gana Davies

Vlasic Rooney Lookman
DCL

I'm making my annual pilgrimage to Goodison this weekend. Going to watch the match on TV tonight to make a final decision on whether to ask the club to turn my seat to face the other way for Sunday.

Hard to see a win here, but given we are bottom of the group I hope he uses it as a game to try and shake up the formation / playing style. Will be happy to see some form of light at the end of the tunnel.

Why does anyone put Rooney in their starting 11? It's baffling.
We have to many similar players, where Rooney could play is in the hole, but that's where Sigardsson needs to play. The same in midfield with Gueye and Snides both to defensive, when Davies has played with either there's been a marked improvement in the attacking.Then there's the baffling thing of never really playing wingers.

Driving down from Glasgow this afternoon for tonight's game with my son,been bringing him to a few games a season for the last 4 years trying to turn him into a Blue,think this might be the season that tests his loyalty,anyway mon the BLUES !

Driving down from Glasgow this afternoon for tonight's game with my son,been bringing him to a few games a season for the last 4 years trying to turn him into a Blue,think this might be the season that tests his loyalty,anyway mon the BLUES !

We've put social services on standby and hopefully they can intercept him before you reach the ground. This is child cruelty on a whole new level.

Now that it's a must win game against the strongest team in the group he'll sadly play the safest possible team, which means all the older players, no youngsters, safe 2 X DMs, rooney and gylfi and Williams, and Baines, Martina

I'm worried the team will be
Stek,
Martina - Williams - Keane - baines
Schneiderlin - Gana
Vlasic Gylfi Rooney
DCL

and it should be
Pickford
Kenny - Keane - Jags - Baines

Gana Davies

Vlasic Rooney Lookman
DCL
Both those sides, sadly look weak.
That first side would get battered.
Gana is still getting a free ride off lids, and he's just as bad as Schneiderlin right now.

I'm expecting a defeat tonight so naturally everyone else should expect a win.

I just hope we put a performance in. Our first must win game of the season so this will be a good indicator as to if there is any hope for koeman here.

would be good to go with something like this

pickford
kenny keane jags baines
gana
davies rooney
vlasic kev
DCL

ganas only job is to win the ball and cover fullbacks just stay as a shield for the defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back