Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton vs Lyon 19 October, 20:05

WELL?

• EVERTON WIN

Votes: 107 34.2%
  • DRAW

Votes: 43 13.7%
  • GET DEN PERRY OUT

Votes: 163 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly the way I saw it, only really displayed any fight because of the brawl. This team is not well drilled the players don't know what they are doing and most of all they look like they are playing with fear. How he was appointed I don't know, the fact that he hasn't been sacked yet is a disgrace.

I did personally want to see him given time but there have been no real signs of improvement, so at this point it doesn't feel premature to pull the trigger. Despite the deficiencies in our squad there's still enough talent at his disposal to put together a side that can battle through this tough spell. His stubborn insistence on not playing Lookman and giving Davies minimal playing time when Morgan has stunk the place out at times highlights this.

I saw two kinds of passion tonight. One was Holgate almost in tears at the end of the match, obviously upset that his mistake had partly cost the match, and also possibly Koeman's position. That is caring about the shirt. Then there was Williams outrageously lashing out at the Lyon goalkeeper without even any provocation (he sealed his fate in the post-match interview). That's inexcusable imo, and simply not worthy of the shirt. In addition to match bans and financial penalties he should be stripped of the captaincy and put on a final warning. Imo.

I saw two kinds of passion tonight. One was Holgate almost in tears at the end of the match, obviously upset that his mistake had partly cost the match, and also possibly Koeman's position. That is caring about the shirt. Then there was Williams outrageously lashing out at the Lyon goalkeeper without even any provocation (he sealed his fate in the post-match interview). That's inexcusable imo, and simply not worthy of the shirt. In addition to match bans and financial penalties he should be stripped of the captaincy and put on a final warning. Imo.
is this some kind of joke?

Did you not see him laughing at the end of the match.

There's also the fact that he's god awful and needs chasing asap.

Davies and Mirallas led by example yesterday, and their desire and determination to try grab the game rubbed off on a few others who decided to join in.

The highlight for me was Sigurdsson getting abused taking a corner, he'd come on, delivered a superb ball for the goal, delivered another that almost put us infront had it not been for the post.

So he's then subjected to all kinds of abuse while taking the corner, Everton fans that.

Good; Goodison Park is a thing of beauty, especially at night,for those who see it infrequently. I also liked Pickford, Mirallas and Lookman.

Bad; The whole UEFA pre game flummery. The M6, The M5. Getting home at 3.45pm

I've been watching Everton reasonably regularly with my lad since 1995. I think that was the worst live performance we've seen at Goodison. Not sure how you can improve unless you get someone to hold it up top. Deciding to sit and play on the counter is fine if players stick to their roles. The penno came as a direct result of Holgate losing the ball too far forward and charging back to make a covering "tackle".

In the cold light of day and a little more calmed, it was a poor result no doubt of that. Silly goals given away through bad defending espicially there second on our left flank.

Williams got carried away understandable I think given the circs but still lucky to not see a red card. The ref was not good, allowed Lyon players too much latitude with their falling over when ever an Everton player got near.

Negs for me were Martina, awful player but RK to blame for signing him. Siggy sems to offer nothing more than dead ball kicks, Sandro can be much better given time and a proper role.

Pos's, Davies very young but will come very good just a bit of polishing as will Lookman and Holgate. Keane will be good when there is good support around him and Pickford must be the best buy of the summer. DCL will be good in time, practically our only option upfront!.

Koeman may sort stuff out but needs to look to his selections and stop favouring his signings.

Holgate crying????
He was laughing!! Must have had a bet on there being a penalty in the first few mins

Attachments

• 986BD059-D61F-4127-99EC-6F50B8089590.webp
    986BD059-D61F-4127-99EC-6F50B8089590.webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 94
I only watched the 20 mins highlights so might be a narrow view here
but Pickford looked good
Mirallas looked his usual - excellent drive in parts, anonymous in others (which I don't think matters as he's an attacker and needs midfield support)
Lookman, Vlasic flashes of brilliance
DCL - good hard work and if he has a couple of goals and goes on a run I think he;ll improve a lot
Williams - misguided aggression.
Holgate, Martina - ridiculous, even if they're young back ups, I'm sure Kenny Garbutt would have been better for god's sake
Davies looked good as always, when he was caught on the ball and stuff it's just inexperience but he looks top
Schneiderlin - I still don't understand what his role and purpose is in life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back