Everton vs Man City - 10th Jan, 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite pleased with 1 half. More guts, and more direct fotball. Manch C is a very good team, but we can get a win here.
Improved from our last 4 matches.

The 'Titting' still aint gone.

And honest question, whose FK's and corners are we under pressure most from, theirs or our own?

Good half so far imo. Put them under pressure, passed forward with pace and come closest to scoring. Neither keeper having to make a save yet but we can build on that in the second half.

Not bad I guess. We had the best scoring opportunity. The team is showing some fight. Even McGeady who's been gash made a couple important clearances. Maybe Mirallas coming on at the 60 min mark can give our counter a spark.

HT No shame in the effort and in the main work rate, but for [Poor language removed] sake we need some changes of game plan in each game, to me we have concentrated on going down our right, not tried anything through the middle or on the left, and this for me is now a 1 in 20 game that we can win, similar to Chelsea at home last season clearly the better team is the one we are facing, we need a goal and then to defend for our lives whilst hitting them on the counter, although the pattern of that 1st half suggest to me we can't even counter attack as we have sat back like we are leading and not penetrated them with a quick break

Think Everton have played ok that half,not really having problems with shots on target from city,a few have gone wide,and the main one probably was from jags early error

To all those people and I've been one about Barkley not playing in the center well he's played there all game and been awful. Maybe Bobby know what he's doing
We've had plenty of players put in crap performances this season. In the middle is where Barkley should be though.

Koff Phil Neville:

From the BBC live feed: "Manchester City have been magnificent in the first half at Goodison Park but Manuel Pellegrini will think they have not been clinical enough."

Magnificent? Hardly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back