Match Thread Everton vs Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton MOTM vs Newcastle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't win this, then it's THE two absolutely must-wins games that we didn't win, and went on to take 0-1 point from. These were the games we needed to dig in and take the points, however necessary. I don't think the fans would even have given it a second thought if we'd have won the game from the most flagrant of dives by Richarlison to win and convert a penalty against Wolves. Desperate times.

The fact that we didn't even put up a fight was disgusting enough, not a single shot on target, and you just have to hope that somehow it has got through to the players that time has almost run out.

I know we're not a squad full of academics, but even this dopey gang of useless carts must know that if we cannot win at home against Wolves and/or Newcastle in this predicament then we have no place in this division.

What can or will change in 4 days? I doubt anything, but I am clinging on to the fact that Newcastle are almost over the line in terms of safety. A win or we're gone. Actually, even a win won't be enough at the end of the season, but let's see if these players have anything left in them.

The issue with the squad is that we dont have anyone of value to come in around the 60th 70th minute when were looking for a breakthrough. They have one loss in the league since mid december, itll be a tough ask. That Maximin is going to run Coleman ragged. These have pace on the wings and aerial ability with Wood.

FDAE32E0-21FD-4140-AD45-E047DA64981F.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back