Match Thread Everton vs Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton MOTM vs Newcastle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the mods will go easy on my swearing tonight, the being down in the gutter and then the utter elation of a win like that! The inner demon comes out!!! It’s weird being an Evertonian, only you lot know

Absolute shame that Begovich doesn't have his own thread. Pure class from that fellow. Certainly I'm not gonna say he's the best keeper in the PL or even on Everton, but I feel much more confident in the defense when he is in the net versus Pickford. I wonder if the players do too...every time Pickford makes a save there is this dumb dramatic "me-first-ism" admonishment as if it's all about him. Really gets to to me, as if the players aren't also giving it their all (sometimes they mess up, but really--every save...do we need this dumbass drama?). In contrast, Begovich just cooly makes the save. No prob, no drama. His post-match interview did not involve a single first-person pronoun, such as "I" or "me"...he just praised the team and moved on. All business.
Was gonna say the same.

He's a presence, sensible, about 2ft taller.

Even with perhaps our weakest back 4 configuration i felt less worried than our best with Pickford behind.

Could see it in the players too, way more confident in set pieces and so-on.

Proper harsh if he is dropped

That ending was both the best thing and the worst thing of the season. Goal was incredible but those last five minutes were excruciating. Can’t do many more of those!

Status
Not open for further replies.