Match Thread Everton vs Ruzemberok, Thursday 27th July, 8.05pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son said to me last night" Cant wait for this season to start and walking to the match Dad. Tomorrow it does" Since he said that got butterflies in stomach ..Think the atmosphere will be boss tonight. :)

Looks like this tonight for me -
Pickford
Holgate Keane Williams Baines
Schneiderlin Gueye
Rooney Klaassen Mirallas
Sandro
Lots of options with Stekelenburg, Dowell, Kenny, Besic, Barry, Lookman, Lennon, Jagielka all keeping those starting on their toes to perform well, but looking at those subs it's crystal clear we need more quality in the squad, particularly with Bolasie and Coleman not back until Christmas and Mori out for even longer -

Jarg XI time

Pickford (think there's a good chance it'll be Stek, though)

Kenny
Keane
Williams
Baines

Schneiderlin
Davies
Klaassen

Lookman
Rooney
Mirallas

Stek/Pickford
Jagielka
Sandro
Gueye
Barry
Holgate
Dowell

That's with leaving McCarthy, Besic, Lennon, Martina and DCL out (of those fit of course)

I'd go with Davies over Gueye simply as I think we need to try and blitz these and get a 4-5 goal lead heading into the second leg.

They'll sit back against us and I think two DM's in this case would be overkil, though Gueye is looking better going forward.

Lookman has looked sharp, and I think Sandro would be better off coming on with an hour gone, and get him starting next week.

Dowell on the bench to make a difference if required as well.

Pointless playing Gueye tonight imo, going to have lots of the ball, can see Barry playing with Morgs and Davies.

Pickford
Schneiderlin Gueye
Rooney Klaassen Mirallas
Sandro

or

Pickford
Schneiderlin Davies
Rooney Klaassen Lookman
Sandro​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back