Match Thread Everton vs Ruzemberok, Thursday 27th July, 8.05pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairly decent starting 11, more players need to get more game time. Rooney's link up play with Klaassen in the last game was very promising and maybe that is why he is down the middle. Might even see two up top.

Agree on the latter point.

Disappointed myself not to see Kenny. I can see the logic, but I'd have liked him to get a go.

Then again, if we get a good lead tonight then we may well see him in the second leg.

tbf, just like stek, it could be that martina and DCL will be europa only players so will wait until i see our first league games before deciding where kenny stands. The fact holgate and martina played the last friendly suggests he's down the pecking order, but if koeman wanted martina to play this, he was obviously going to give him some time first.

My view on kenny is like when i was constantly itching because moyes would never give barkley a go. Annoying.

Be interesting to see how the dynamic between the three central midfielders develops. Was lacking balance against Genk but Koeman clearly feels those three have promise together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back