Match Thread Everton vs Ruzemberok, Thursday 27th July, 8.05pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful first half
Martina is not good enough, awful passing for a premiere league player. No pace no creativity.
Davy look disappointing. He doesn't seems to drop deeper and make things happen preferring to lurk around the edge of the box and scrapping for loose ball at most.
DCL same old as last season.
The GAP between Morgan/Gana and the front 4 is difficult to watch. Barkley use to drop in and try to make things happen receiving the ball from our defensive midfielder. Nothing of that sort from our new players at the moment.

Koeman has a huge task ahead of him to find a new way of playing

Disagree with a bit of that post, but the bold bit is spot on. Rooney is doing it but still 15 yards-ish too high, which he has to be as he's a striker.

Even when playing wide left, Barkley used to drift deep and spur us on. The link is missing, and that's what I fear about the upcoming season. If he goes, we need Sigurdsson in and off and running quick.

That poor half was because we're disjointed due to having a completely different spine to our attack which will take time to develop.

Oh, and because of Williams, who is gash.

Have needed it for about 6 years, amazes me the mangers can't see it when pretty much every supporter does

IMO Barkley has been vastly underrated especially with how he's linked and created attacks in the last few seasons.

It's always been a case of getting another creative player to pick up when his form goes etc.

Now he's going. We'll replace him. But we're still another creative player light.

4th game into preseason I don't know what people are expecting, new signings haven't had time to gel into the team, we're still working on fitness, still waiting to sign some more players.

We're not losing the match, I'm sure we'll get a goal or 2 in second hand.

Goodison looks pretty empty though which is surprising

Klaasen is doing basically what Barkley doesn't. Clever passes.
He made one of the worst decisions on the ball I have ever seen and it actually happened to be a perfectly weighted hospital ball to Baines. This guy Davy is arrogant with the ball, and I have to say I'm impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back