Match Thread Everton vs Wolves - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defenders play at walking pace and the midfield don’t pass forward. We didn’t press or work anywhere near hard enough. Basic passing and moving seems beyond several. They all need to up their games, or we’re going to Stoke next year! Woeful 2nd half, made them look better than they are imo, and could have lost by more. I hope we stay up, but after that, I reckon it’s 50/50 at best. Grim sad times, are they capable of doing enough?

Just looked at the table ... I thought we were in the bottom 3 ...but amazingly we aren't yet ... dunno how we are not there yet ..... with how bad the teams around us are also , I still think there is hope

Its kind of crazy to say but we're not making 40 points. We might just get 30.

Something happened after that Villa game on the 19th Sep, where we lost 3-0. We played ok, but Villa just played smarter and won. Then we beat Norwich and we were terrible, drew against Man U, we were good there, and then we lost 5-2 against Watford and that was that.

This was about the time when Rondon was getting in the team. I'm going to guess Digne was questioning Benitez's tactics and getting rid of our players from last year and installing his own players and tactics. Townsend/Grey were doing well. Doucoure as well but everyone else was just asked to defend.

Newcastle (H) - 1pt
West Ham (A) - 0
Man U (H) - 0
Liverpool (A) - 0
Chelsea (H) - 0
Leicester (A) - 0
Brentford (H) - 3pt
Arsenal (A) - 0

Burnley (A) - 1pt
Leicester (H) - 1pt
Watford (A) - 1pt
Palace (H) - 3pt

10 points - total 32 points.

I really dont know if we're getting 32 pts and its probably not enough. That run of games is insane.

Nice one .. ... a hard-core but small group of toffees here ,amongst the rs and united hoards... go to goodison 2/3 times a Yr...
I know a lot of people on here hate Keane but being already without Mina there is no height either in defence or attacks (for corners) and at least he can pass a ball to our own men. Get off his back because he is nowhere as bad as some people make him out to be, yes he makes some mistakes but show me a player who doesn't, we missed him today in my opinion.

Gordon motm - the only one who could be arsed for the whole game. The rest collapsed like usual when that kopite crab scored.

Desperatley needed Richy to slot that chance early on, after that was a slog.

Not sure Frank should be so trusting of Coleman, holgate and the rest any further. I can't see how branthwaite and Patterson would do worse.

I just don't know where we go from here - I was expecting a positive reaction after the shambles of spurs, from the crowd and the players - we got neither, fans were flat, even in the first half, and the players were worse in that second half once the goal went in. Wolves central defenders striding out and running past our midfield and pulling the strings - unforgivable.

Didn't agree with the subs either - Alli ain't what we needed today.

Keep trying to tell myself it's only a game and not to be too bothered, especially with what's going on in Ukraine, but I'm just totally gutted by this Everton side.

We absolutely cannot play Holgate and Godfrey against a Newcastle team with Burn and Wood.
I don't really want to put Branthwaite in the team, because the team has zero chemistry at the moment, but we probably have no choice. Probably better to play Branthwaite, Holgate and Godfrey all together.

Woeful,the early confidence Fronk injected into this lot has disappeared as quickly as it arrived, they gave the crowd nothing to feed off, for me Gordon,Gray,Richarlison,possibly Pickford and the red carded Kenny,Townsend too can be relied to put a shift in,Coleman cares but so do I and at 56 with a bad knee and two hernias I may be worthy of his place!!! they are the only ones who look like they give a flying one, we just seem to be recycling the same dross every game, really,really worried now, that was a relegation performance today,Thursday now is even bigger for us, think I would go Pickford, Patterson,Keane,Holgate,Godfrey,Allan,Van de Beek,Gordon,Gray,Richarlison,Rondon,,4-2-4 yep!!! yes we may get pillaged at the back,but I'd look to Gray and Gordon to fire as many balls into the box and get Richarlison tight to Rondon for any scraps, sorry it's the best I can come up with:(

Status
Not open for further replies.