Everton Youth Teams Thread

Am I right in saying that Yates, Davies and Holland make up England's right flank? Davies being on the right of the midfield trio? That's pretty cool how they are all "ours".

They'll build a good understanding if it stays like that at club and country level.

Good win which means we top the group as the match between Ireland and Netherlands was a scoreless draw.

Hope Davies is OK.

......Yep, he and a few others must be due a rest. As you've been pointing out they have been on the go a long time, travelling to international tournaments. If he has a knock I'd prefer him to come home. I appreciate it will be a disappointment but it might be a blessing in longer term.

......Yep, he and a few others must be due a rest. As you've been pointing out they have been on the go a long time, travelling to international tournaments. If he has a knock I'd prefer him to come home. I appreciate it will be a disappointment but it might be a blessing in longer term.
His injury isn't mentioned in the match report so hoping it is just one of those that are very painful but not long term serious.
http://www.thefa.com/news/england/d...uropean-u17-championship-bulgaria-2015-070515

I thought our 3 lads did well for England u17s, hopefully Tom Davies's injury won't be too serious. There is a distinct similarity of Davies and James Yates with Ledson and Jonjoe Kenny playing at last years U17 Euros. Davies in the Defensive Midfield role , box to box, looked very much as composed as Ledson was. Yates too looked comfortable on the ball, bombing off down the right from full back. It's clear that the way we bring on these youngsters is very much in line with how England are set up and they fit in very well, which is a credit to our youth set up. It does make it difficult to judge just how good they are as individuals or just well coached in a particular style, both performed well particularly Davies.
Nathan Holland had an excellent 2nd half and has something we appear to be missing at u17/u18 level, individual flair , ability to take on a man and beat him and create something for others. Perhaps only Dowell of the current crop has a similar ability to excite when going forward. It will be interesting to see how he develops in this tournament.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back