Everton Youth Teams Thread

From Everton

Thierry Small struck two late goals as Everton Under-18s recovered from 2-0 down to win a thrilling encounter 3-2 against 10-man Burnley and extend their unbeaten start to the season to a fourth game.

Tom Cannon began the fightback with a 70th-minute penalty after Sam Unwin and Joe McGlynn struck either side of half-time for the hosts.

Burnley started well and had the first half-chance of the game just minutes in. Everton failed to clear a corner and Zan-Luk Leban was forced into an acrobatic save to tip over the bar.

The Clarets had Paul Tait’s side pinned back for most of the opening 15 minutes, having a succession of set-pieces. Everton’s defence dealt with the threats well, though.

Luke Butterfield had the Blues’ first shot of the game after 19 minutes. However, his shot was well wide of Sam Waller’s far post.

Burnley made the most of their decent start, opening the scoring just before the half-hour mark. Leban pulled off a fantastic save at the front post but couldn’t stop Unwin burying the rebound.

Tony Phillskirk’s side could have doubled their lead moments later but Everton keeper Leban denied McGlynn at his near post post.

Waller was forced into his first save of the game by Butterfield, the Burnley goalkeeper denying a shot down to his right with Everton failing to capitalise on the resulting scramble.

Small repeatedly got forward from left-back and had a chance to equalise minutes before half-time but Waller matched the attempt again.

Burnley doubled their advantage one minute into the second half through McGlynn, making amends for his earlier miss. He beat multiple Everton defenders before dispatching into the top corner.

The referee reduced Burnley to 10 men 20 minutes into the second half. Matty Carson punished for a challenge on Charlie Whitaker.

Cannon halved the deficit from the spot, the same player having struck the post with an effort moments earlier.

Katia Kouyate could have levelled the score as the game entered the last 10 minutes but his effort was parried by Waller.

Everton equalised with fewer than five minutes remaining. Again, Waller denied the Blues but Small was there to finish the rebound.

The swashbuckling full-back won the game for Everton in added time, advancing onto a ball on the the edge of the box to unleash a drive past Waller.

Everton will bid to maintain their terrific start when Leeds United visit USM Finch Farm in a fortnight.

From Burnley

REPORT: Burnley U18s 2 Everton U18s 3
October 3, 2020
News
Tony Philliskirk’s side fell to a 3-2 defeat against Everton on a competitive afternoon at Leyland, in the U18 Northern Premier League.
Despite the Clarets leading 2-0 in the 70th minute through goals from Sam Unwin and Joe McGlynn, after being reduced to 10 men and controlling the majority of the game, Everton hit back from the spot and two goals in the last five minutes, to take home all three points on a wet and windy afternoon at the Lancashire FA base.
The Toffees started on the front foot and came close to breaking the deadlock after 10 minutes, as defender Reece Welch glanced a back-post header just wide.
But the Clarets grew into the game and began to find their feet, as Philliskirk’s side began to create chances of their own.

https://media-cdn.incrowdsports.com/3bfdcb32-3111-426e-b215-27efcf74a150.jpg

And the opener came just after 20 minutes, as Kade Ratchford broke into the area and teed the ball up for Unwin to slot home from close range to give the hosts the lead.
Minutes later the Clarets could have had a second, as McGlynn raced into the area, before seeing his shot saved by Zan-Luk Leban in the Blues’ goal.
Everton looked to reply before the break, as Luke Butterfield’s long-range cross caught out the Clarets’ defence, with goalkeeper Sam Waller making a smart stop to deny the midfielder.
Burnley headed into the interval with the lead but weren’t taking their foot off the gas as they began the second half.
From a throw-in, McGlynn picked up the ball and turned his man, before charging into the box and firing home past a stranded Luk-Leban in the Toffees goal.

https://media-cdn.incrowdsports.com/a92b4027-0abc-4ec9-bc31-1afcc750d44d.jpg

Just 10 minutes later the home side came close to a third, as skipper Joel Connolly, whipped a fine ball in for Unwin at the back-post, only for Liam Higgins to head away the danger.
The Clarets were then reduced to 10 men just after the mark, after Matty Carson was shown his marching orders for a challenge on Charlie Whittaker.
And Burnley’s afternoon took another dent, as Corey Brennan was adjudged to have fouled Tom Cannon inside the area, with the striker stepping up and firing home from the spot with 20 minutes to go.
The visitors were looking for an instant second moments later, as Higgins fired an effort from 25 yards, but Waller had it covered, despite taking a wicked bobble on a drenched pitch.

https://media-cdn.incrowdsports.com/e46e72f8-3ea9-4125-9d1a-094d551547ba.jpg

But the away side did get an equaliser with four minutes to go, as defender Thierry Small headed home from a corner, moments after an excellent goal line block from Connolly.
And the Toffees then grabbed the winner in stoppage time, as Small was there again to tuck home from close range and give the Blues the lead for the first time in the match.
BURNLEY: Waller, Connolly, Trialist, Carson, Trialist, Behan (Armstrong 68), Moonan, Brennan, Ratchford, McGlynn, Unwin.
San Luk Leban - great name for a goalkeeper. lol

Dont forget that for Everton u23s v Man City u23s for any that want to watch -if as ever Everton dont show it
Everton u23s will go 2nd due to spurs scoring later winner v Southampton
In 2 weeks its Everton v Spurs 1st game after International break

Meanwhile on sunday Everton u23s are home to man city u23s 1pm ko with the chance to go top depending on other scores and that is Live on City's website, Its £2 pound a month but as ever you can do the 30 day free trail then cancel right after game [or even as soon as you sign up], so its not auto charged at the end of your trail-coverage starts 12.40

Dont forget that for Everton u23s v Man City u23s for any that want to watch -if as ever Everton dont show it
Everton u23s will go 2nd due to spurs scoring later winner v Southampton
In 2 weeks its Everton v Spurs 1st game after International break
Have you tried it yet mate. ? I logged into the site ok using old password but noticed that it said you couldn’t sign for a 30 day free trial if you’d done it before , which I did last season so haven’t tried further yet.

Have you tried it yet mate. ? I logged into the site ok using old password but noticed that it said you couldn’t sign for a 30 day free trial if you’d done it before , which I did last season so haven’t tried further yet.
Did yesterday and it said same thing but worked normal
cancelled it right away but have CITY TV till 1st November lol

Exclusive - Lewis Dobbin had interest from clubs in France and Germany before signing a professional contract at Everton

David Unsworth is working with teenage Everton forward Lewis Dobbin on improving similar aspects of his game to Ellis Simms.

Dobbin, 17, was the subject of interest from Premier League rivals - as well as clubs in France and Germany - before he penned his first professional contract in January.

The forward made his under-23 debut in the EFL Trophy last season after bagging 11 goals and four assists in 16 under-18 appearances with Marcel Brands moving to secure him on a new deal until 2022.

Dobbin - currently sidelined with a thigh strain for at least two weeks - joined Everton as an 11-year-old and Unsworth told the ECHO he is working with the striker on his 'physicality' after making the step up.

I think he'll be dipping in and out of the u-18s," Unsworth said
"He'll certainly be training with the u-23s and working with us all the time and getting game time with the u-18s if Ellis is going to stay.

It's the physicality with Lewis. He trains with us every day and he's a smashing lad.
I just hope Ellis can fire in top performances with goals and also his work-rate and that's something Lewis has got to get in his game as well."

Everton u23s are home to man city u23s 1pm ko with the chance to go 2nd, Game is Live on City's website, Its £2 pound a month but as ever you can do the 30 day free trail then cancel right after game [or even as soon as you sign up], so its not auto charged at the end of your trail-coverage starts 12.40
City Link for game i think after sign up

Everton u23s Team
Tyrer, Pennington, Connolly, Baningime (c), Ouzounidis, Astley, Hughes, Onyango, Simms, Iversen, Anderson.
Subs: Quirk, Hansen, Carroll, Hunt, Cannon.

Talented teenage midfielder Imam Jagne has signed for Everton from Swedish club BK Hacken, penning a three-year deal with the Blues until the end of June 2023.

Jagne, who turned 17 on Thursday, will join the Club's Academy and will be eligible to play once his Minor application – the registration process for young players from EU countries – has been approved by FIFA.

Born in The Gambia, Jagne moved to Sweden aged six and has represented his adopted country at Under-17 level.

The midfielder revealed his pride to join Everton and his confidence that he is at the right club to continue his development.

“It is a dream that has come true,” Jagne told evertonfc.com. “Everton is a really big club and I’m so happy to sign. The Club has a lot of history and they want to help me become a better player and a better person, too, which is what attracted me.

“It’s an exciting time for Everton so there was no doubt that I wanted to sign for the Club.

“They made me feel wanted. I spoke a lot to [Director of Football] Marcel Brands and he told me about the Club’s ambitions and I am more than ready to work 100 per cent to get to where I want to be with Everton.

“The Academy is one of the best in football and you can see from the First Team that there is a clear pathway which provides an inspiration.

“The facilities at USM Finch Farm are amazing and the welcome I’ve had has been fantastic. Everyone here is so friendly. I’m now ready to work hard and do all I can to keep developing.”

City Link for game i think after sign up

Everton u23s Team
Tyrer, Pennington, Connolly, Baningime (c), Ouzounidis, Astley, Hughes, Onyango, Simms, Iversen, Anderson.
Subs: Quirk, Hansen, Carroll, Hunt, Cannon.
Game actually has no commentators lol

Our keeper just saved low down 1st minute from McAtee

Talented teenage midfielder Imam Jagne has signed for Everton from Swedish club BK Hacken, penning a three-year deal with the Blues until the end of June 2023.

Jagne, who turned 17 on Thursday, will join the Club's Academy and will be eligible to play once his Minor application – the registration process for young players from EU countries – has been approved by FIFA.

Born in The Gambia, Jagne moved to Sweden aged six and has represented his adopted country at Under-17 level.

The midfielder revealed his pride to join Everton and his confidence that he is at the right club to continue his development.

“It is a dream that has come true,” Jagne told evertonfc.com. “Everton is a really big club and I’m so happy to sign. The Club has a lot of history and they want to help me become a better player and a better person, too, which is what attracted me.

“It’s an exciting time for Everton so there was no doubt that I wanted to sign for the Club.

“They made me feel wanted. I spoke a lot to [Director of Football] Marcel Brands and he told me about the Club’s ambitions and I am more than ready to work 100 per cent to get to where I want to be with Everton.

“The Academy is one of the best in football and you can see from the First Team that there is a clear pathway which provides an inspiration.

“The facilities at USM Finch Farm are amazing and the welcome I’ve had has been fantastic. Everyone here is so friendly. I’m now ready to work hard and do all I can to keep developing.”

Looks a big lad