Everton Youth Teams Thread

Cameron Bell was certainly in a Scotland u16 team recently, it doesn’t seem to make much sense not offering him a Scholarship .
But what about our club does make sense at the moment ?
All the focus is on Kenwright /Moshiri/ Benitez/ Brands and you wonder if any of them have energy to fix the issues below the first team. It’s too simplistic to blame Unsworth/ Ebbrell for all the issues but really their time is up and they need to move on at the end of the season. The only positives are that we have a consistently young team, and what looks like a pathway from Schoolboy> U18>U23s…. if we can get them to sign for us.

There's nothing to see here with regards to Cameron Bell. Read nothing in to caps, they mean literally nothing until u18. You get them now just for being involved with a cat 1 club. There must have been at least 70 kids with England caps, virtually all from cat 1 clubs as they all get an opportunity to show what they can do.

I like Cameron, he's a good player but he's had injury problems and in my opinion we have better.

I'd take the fact that Liverpool and City are sniffing around our released players as a positive and there's not many of them about right now.

In my opinion, collectively we are slightly stronger than both those clubs at u16 although I don't think either of them are particularly good at that age.

There's nothing to see here with regards to Cameron Bell. Read nothing in to caps, they mean literally nothing until u18. You get them now just for being involved with a cat 1 club. There must have been at least 70 kids with England caps, virtually all from cat 1 clubs as they all get an opportunity to show what they can do.

I like Cameron, he's a good player but he's had injury problems and in my opinion we have better.

I'd take the fact that Liverpool and City are sniffing around our released players as a positive and there's not many of them about right now.

In my opinion, collectively we are slightly stronger than both those clubs at u16 although I don't think either of them are particularly good at that age.
I agree with your points about the numbers and reasons for caps for u16s particularly. What puzzles me is that Scotland are hardly likely to have any kind of scouting system for the likes of Bell so I imagine that the recommendation came from the Club or certainly with the club‘s backing . Yet a few months later we’re now saying he’s not good enough for us. I know little about him , and if we’ve got a slew of better players that’s great, but as an outsider I’m just baffled the way we look after 15/16 year olds. Though I shouldn’t be surprised anymore.

Everton u18s v Man Utd-Live on MUFC

Nash, Mallom, Tierney, Jones, Samuels-Smith, Metcalfe, Butterfield, Lawrence, Whitaker, Heath, Sherif
Subs Stewart, Wright, Dixon, Manafa, Okoronkwo

FFwihaPXsAUiHJP