Everton Youth Teams Thread

Sheriff scored 2 for 16s before coming on and scoring pen for 18s
Impressive stats today , and I think that’s 7 for the season so far , 4 in his last 3 u18 appearances , only Metcalfe and Lawrence seem to figure regularly so Sherif must be our top goalscorer so far. Theres a suggestion that he came from the Netherlands, that would fit with the spelling of his name?

Maybe wrong mate but I believe George Pickford is a midfielder, he was with England u15 last season some time……on the other hand if he’s not then we don’t have a GK on the bench!

I remember reading that on here. Is it a stupid mistake by the Official Site listing him as GK?

Odd thing is, none of the other subs listed are keepers AFAIK.

he is down to be a keeper in 7 different places, but i thought the same, but when name is put to a keeper you just go with it lol
George Pickford is our under 15s keeper and he’s supposedly the best goalkeeping prospect we have at the academy.

He’s rated very, very highly and I expect we’ll be seeing a lot more of him.

Seb Jensen was the other name I’ve seen at England u15, is he the u16 goalkeeper and Pickford a year younger ?
Yes, Jensen’s the u16 keeper. He’s the only u16 keeper we’ve got now as we’ve just released 1. Pickford is the year below him.

I wouldn’t read too much into Pickford being picked ahead of Seb for the bench today, I think they’d prefer him to have a full game for the 16s but I know Pickford is considered the best keeper in the academy.

I wouldn’t read too much into someone being picked for England at u15 level, they basically invite every cat 1 GK in for training at some stage. It matters more at u16 level.

Yes, Jensen’s the u16 keeper. He’s the only u16 keeper we’ve got now as we’ve just released 1. Pickford is the year below him.

I wouldn’t read too much into Pickford being picked ahead of Seb for the bench today, I think they’d prefer him to have a full game for the 16s but I know Pickford is considered the best keeper in the academy.

I wouldn’t read too much into someone being picked for England at u15 level, they basically invite every cat 1 GK in for training at some stage. It matters more at u16 level.
Thanks, Yeah Ive seen a number of our young goalkeepers going to almost a “ camp “ for goalkeepers, Doug Lukankis , or similar name was one of them

Jak Stewart doing well at Runcorn by all accounts - 2 clean sheets so far
I was curious to see if I could find how long his “ short term loan” was for , it came up as “ work experience” on the loans list so no clearer .

Above him on the list I spotted this : ” Pawel Zuk from Wisla Plock (Poland) to Ashton United”. Zuk was in our u18s a couple of years ago , played a few games, never made an impact and went back to Poland . Like Runcorn , Ashton Utd play I’n the Northern Premier League.