Everton Youth Teams Thread

Seb Kristensen is 19 next month, too old for u18 and not selected regularly for U23s
After an Echo puff-piece back in May that ended prophetically: "The Blues knew that the whole of last year had to be about Kristensen getting up to speed with his new surroundings and team-mates - but now they see a player improving all of the time." – But there's been scant mention of him all season until now...

He had a pretty good appearances record for the U18s last season, so I assumed he was on the treatment table. He was last listed as a sub for the U23s against Brighton back in April 2021, but I don't know what the injury was that I presume kept him out for the last 6+months?

Everton u18s in 8th just 4 points behind 2nd play home to 12th placed stoke who are 3 points off bottom, with an 11am ko

Everton u18s Team
Nash, Mallon, Jones, Tierney, Samuels-Smith, Jagne, Coughian, Djabkpata, Barker, Heath, Okoronkwo
subs Wright, Quintyne, Smirkle-James, Sherrif

Last edited:

Smirkle-Jones what a name.
A touch of the creative spelling class there, methinks. Here's the teamsheet from the Official Website, with what are hopefully the correct spellings:

Everton U18s: Nash, Mallon, Jones, Tierney, Samuels-Smith, Jagne, Coughlan, Djankpata, Barker, Heath, Okoronkwo.
Subs: Pickford, Wright, Dixon, Smikle-James, Sherif

And that's George Pickford on the subs bench for the first time at this level. Not sure what's up with Stewart or Jensen (Covid?) And they seem to prefer Roman Dixon rather than Roman Quintyne... not sure what the story is there…

You'd think one of the names listed on the bench is wrong
there has been times were team sheet has updated through game, and even 1 day were during the game, as i said at the time, that a certain number had 4 different players as that number lol

We have had a few shots to retake the lead since the stoke goal, but both saved