Everton Youth Teams Thread

This is his first call up though and he's 16 so unless the other strikers are awful I doubt he'll start. Hope he does though as I'd like to catch him.
I don’t know anything about the current NI youth set up , but traditionally they’ve been comparatively weaker than the other UK nations. I remember Shayne Lavery playing u19s quite early, 17 ish, then rapidly moving up to their u21s. We of course do over-expect from these youngsters, but not unrealistic to expect him to be starting at u19 soon if he’s got the physicality. A year of full time training at FF will help.

I don’t know anything about the current NI youth set up , but traditionally they’ve been comparatively weaker than the other UK nations. I remember Shayne Lavery playing u19s quite early, 17 ish, then rapidly moving up to their u21s. We of course do over-expect from these youngsters, but not unrealistic to expect him to be starting at u19 soon if he’s got the physicality. A year of full time training at FF will help.

My thought process is that the NI player pool is considerably smaller than other UK nations. As a result, if you're good enough, you're likely to be fast-tracked through the age groups quicker.

I'm interested to see how these 2 young lads get on, if you search for any African street football the skill levels are off the scale with some of these lads.

Not sure if this has been posted before but we're entering the Next Gen Cup again this year: https://www.premierleague.com/news/4047582

We entered this last summer iirc when it was held in India. This seasons version is being held at Aston Villa's training ground.

If any of you watched the streams last year, you can probably still hear the commentator calling all our players by their first names.

Not sure if this has been posted before but we're entering the Next Gen Cup again this year: https://www.premierleague.com/news/4047582

We entered this last summer iirc when it was held in India. This seasons version is being held at Aston Villa's training ground.

If any of you watched the streams last year, you can probably still hear the commentator calling all our players by their first names.

I miss that guy

1721063670973.png

Graham starts for Northern Ireland v Ukraine tonight. It's on iplayer and the red button for folks who have those platforms.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.