Everton Youth Teams Thread

We do play some nice footy at times between the seniors and the youths, but a common pattern at this club seems to be a distinct lack of cutting edge which hands our opponents the initiative..

Lindstrom has just taken the worst corner I have ever seen

There is a reason players like Beto and Lindstrom come to a club like us... they will get paid what they want despite only being bang average... like most players at every level of the club. There is no quick fix to years of mismanagement and poor recruitment.

A change of ownership (if it ever happens) will only be the beginning. We need a clear plan and the right people to deliver it - and the guts and patience to stick with it.

Brighton have done it brilliantly. I live in Ipswich - my daughter plays for their 16+ team - and they are a good example. The new owners took time to understand the club and community, and have the necessary financial and people resources. Appointed a CEO in Mark Ashton, who is visible, set a clear strategy and visibly leads it (from the Community Foundation upwards). Appointed a manager, McKenna, whose coaching and style of play aligns to that strategy all the way through the club and who has stuck to the plan (hence so many of the same players getting them back-to-back promotions). Big challenge now to evolve into a Prem team, but so far so good.

Beto isn't great really is he?

It's weird.. he just seems to look worse and worse each time he takes to the pitch. Genuinely thought at times early last season it looked like he could potentially have a high ceiling but he's just seemingly become a different player..

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back