Everton Youth Teams Thread

21s play tonight vs Chelsea. Not televised. Given Dyche thinks we will only have 14 senior players availible you'd have to hope that 6 kids get the nod and we will have a younger 21s side tonight. I fully expect 3 keepers on the bench mind you

My 6 would probably be Dixon, Metcalfe, Armstrong, Welch, Okoronkwo, Whitaker. That'd bring a mix of players that we don't really have room for in the 21s and promising youngsters getting first team experience.

I feel like Dyche is more likely to just name a smaller bench than pull them from tonight's game :lol:

21s play tonight vs Chelsea. Not televised. Given Dyche thinks we will only have 14 senior players availible you'd have to hope that 6 kids get the nod and we will have a younger 21s side tonight. I fully expect 3 keepers on the bench mind you

My 6 would probably be Dixon, Metcalfe, Armstrong, Welch, Okoronkwo, Whitaker. That'd bring a mix of players that we don't really have room for in the 21s and promising youngsters getting first team experience.
Think the 14 refers to outfield players (that’s my count anyway) so plus 2 keepers we probably need 4 young players for the squad tomorrow. We’re sorted for forwards so my guess would be Dixon, Metcalfe, Armstrong plus one of Welch / Campbell. Or probably more likely 3 keepers and 3 youngsters.

I’ve been quietly impressed with Eli Campbell of late ,a solid if unspectacular performer , although nothing I’ve seen suggests PL level, I think he could provide left back cover for us.

….good shout, do you think his size also best lends itself to that position?
In the traditional sense for a full back no, he gets forward …occasionally, but with no real pace. I just think he’s a solid player who could be an emergency left back, with his size he won’t get bullied off the ball and would be steady. I have no real expectation that this will happen by the way!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back