Everton Youth Teams Thread

So this kid's nowhere near the first team and he's got an agent? Heaven help us!

......think you'll find the agent vultures hovering as soon as they become full time at a club. Only takes one or two to get a professional contract and they will probably get a nice % for the whole of their career. The ones that fall away can be quickly dumped.

...Fulham leading 1-0 according to the OS.

Man Utd v Reds U21 live on Sky.
2-2 at the break with Henen scoring an apparently lovely 30yard goal and almost getting a second. Kennedy and Duffus also with good attempts. Williams with the equaliser.

Had a bit of a mare at the back from the sounds of things but decent going forward.

Along with the usual @everton twitter feed, @RBMersey is doing regular updates for those interested.

They seem pretty confident that Galloway will make the first team. If any of Ledson, Henen, Green, Browning or McAleny also make the squad that's a pretty bumper crop of U21 products coming through along with Garbutt and Barkley. Even 3 or 4 at once is pretty good.

I think Kenny can be added to the list and Green taken from it.

True I forgot Kenny. I was under the impression that Green was hugely rated all the way up til this summer when he got injured and only returned today? Set his development back but I didn't think he was seen to be any less likely to make it.

Edit: I do wonder why Ledson didn't go to Qatar. He is only 17 I guess.

Last edited:
They seem pretty confident that Galloway will make the first team. If any of Ledson, Henen, Green, Browning or McAleny also make the squad that's a pretty bumper crop of U21 products coming through along with Garbutt and Barkley. Even 3 or 4 at once is pretty good.

Our youth are very strong and should really be challenging for everything at this level although there doesn't seem to be much emphasis on results most weeks.

To get 1 first team player is very good, to get 3 or 4 would be unbelievable.

True I forgot Kenny. I was under the impression that Green was hugely rated all the way up til this summer when he got injured and only returned today? Set his development back but I didn't think he was seen to be any less likely to make it.

Edit: I do wonder why Ledson didn't go to Qatar. He is only 17 I guess.
Ledson played in the U18 FA cup against S'ton on the Wednesday, iirc the team fly out that morning. Think we were really hoping to win that cup so guess that took priority, especially as the U21s also had a game last night that could have seen them joint division leaders.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back