Everton Youth Teams Thread

I thought the “ Onyango at CB” was a most interesting move for the Palace game, 6 ft 3in , young, needs to fill out a bit , but if we provide him with specific coaching and development it may just pay off.
The thing is he's been about 6 foot 3 since he was like 16 and since he's returned has been used as the most advanced midfielder. Feels more like forcing a square peg in a round hole than an actual plan to convert a 21 year old into a brand new position.

The thing is he's been about 6 foot 3 since he was like 16 and since he's returned has been used as the most advanced midfielder. Feels more like forcing a square peg in a round hole than an actual plan to convert a 21 year old into a brand new position.
Dunno, I’ve always seen defensive mid as his best position, although his assist for that goal proves me wrong a bit. I don’t have a lot of faith that we have the coaches who can convert him to a CB with position -specific coaching though, Hopefully something will come of it and it’s not just a last throw of the dice. In the end there are a few players in the lower leagues who are used as both a CB and midfielder, look good at that level, and are sought after.