Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Youth Teams Thread

3-1 to Seoul in the end. I tracked back for our goal , it was a stunner. Poland 17 at left back , stopped an attack just outside our box, passed forward to Wren and hared after him at great speed , think van de Ven but without the ball, arriving in their box ahead of him to receive the ball and slotting it home with his left foot. Impressive. The mysterious no 19 came on at right back for last 2 minutes

3-1 to Seoul in the end. I tracked back for our goal , it was a stunner. Poland 17 at left back , stopped an attack just outside our box, passed forward to Wren and hared after him at great speed , think van de Ven but without the ball, arriving in their box ahead of him to receive the ball and slotting it home with his left foot. Impressive. The mysterious no 19 came on at right back for last 2 minutes

….Poland sounds a good athlete with a bit of quality, is he tall?

Lovely little story this

Three young boys are haring around a barbershop in Manchester's trendy Northern Quarter filled with zest and a constant buzz.

And so they should. Meet a third of Moston Tigers Under Eights, such an exceptional group that nine of the team's 10 members have been snapped up by professional academies for next season.

What happened to the 10th, the goalkeeper? Well, he is 'only' on trial — at Manchester United. This is clearly a special group of young players from the north of a city renowned for developing the stars of tomorrow.

Two — Amari Moses and Mekhi McLeod — are just back from Marseille, starring for Everton in a competition which pitted them against Barcelona and AC Milan. The other, Saul Griffiths, is at Accrington Stanley.

As for the rest, Stoke City signed one, Oldham another. Two more are with Everton. From September, Manchester City and Manchester United's Under Nine captains, Dante Headley and Jay McEvoy, will hail from this team — and they are not the first Tigers to make such astonishing progress.

Things started to become very real for Amari and his three team-mates at Everton very quickly, however.

'Basically, they trained with the first team in the morning and later went into Ronald Koeman's office and signed,' Moses smiles, just as his anecdote is briefly interrupted as Mekhi and Amari belt out an Everton terrace chant.

'The first team did their normal session and when they had done they came across to the boys and mingled with the different age groups.

'They did little games, had a little chat and a laugh. They're all talking about, "Oh, I was playing with Romelu Lukaku", or "I nutmegged Phil Jagielka!"

There is a bit more to the story about how they have played all the PL academies and beat Chelsea 15-5!! Also a little write up on our players

Alfie Healey - Pace to burn and classy left foot. Very early days but already ambitious comparisons to young Giggs.

Mekhi McLeod - Silky MF who glides through games and mixes up his range of passing.

Amari Moses - A scary faint and dazzles opponents who are confused by his tricks. Direct runner who heads straight for goal.

Malik Olayiwola - Striker who apparently shocked a crowd rece tly by scoring an overhead kick similar to Rooney against City

I see Malik Olayiwola is doing well 7 years on.
Wonder what the rest are up to

….Poland sounds a good athlete with a bit of quality, is he tall?
Looks a good size but hard to tell to be on honest from that distance . The goal reminded me a bit of a goal Emilio Lawrence scored when he was a schoolboy which involved a very rapid Roman Dixon going from box to box to provide the assist. Poland apparently came from the RS, that’s the first I’ve really seen of him, previously he’s been kept out of the LB spot by Harvey Billington , an u16.( A future Weasley triplet in our team?)

Last edited:

Watching this mornings game now with some lunch.

Starting xi looks to have been:
Lukjanciks
Lambert 5Finney/Freedman? Gardner 17Poland?
14Pita? Foster Matos Wren
Roberts Graham
I’d go for Poland at17, they should have brought both Freedman and Finney if they could, Gardner ,usually a midfielder, doesn’t look too comfortable as a CB ,but good experience for him. So 4 , possibly 5 Schoolboys /u16s out there in Pita , Roberts, Billington,Moses and maybe the mysterious right back 19.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back