Everton Youth Teams Thread

It's not that difficult really, I said the wrong name. If any apart of the three I mentioned make it, I'll give up my scouting side gig.
Fair enough, it just gave the impression of someone who doesn’t know which kids are which , which positions they play or anything about them really, particularly your assessment after 45 minutes of a kid just turned 17 who’s been out injured for months, hasn’t started a game this season but in three substitute appearances has managed two goals.

If by “ make it” you mean say 50 PL games then you can say that of every Everton Youth team in the past 10 years and you’d be right probably 9 times out of 10 . In fact as long as I can remember someone has said that every season , most times they’re right, it’s hardly rocket science to know that the vast majority of kids at u18 don’t make it. I’m happy to attach more weight to your opinions because of your “ scouting side gig” though.

Thought it was a cracking game on Friday. Fulham had spells when they were on top, but Everton deserved the win. Mills looked good, Whitaker had the best game I've seen him play - the assist for Mills was quality. Thought Okoronkwo looked good when he came on, strong and confident, though his touch was off a couple of times. Scrap at the end was entertaining!

Really enjoyed being back at Goodison, one of the remaining 'proper' old grounds, will be a real shame if / when it goes. Enjoyed walking around it beforehand, with the close terrace streets. Strange seeing it empty though, I remember a cracking atmosphere the last time I was here, probably 15 years or so ago - Di Canio scored a slow-motion goal if I remember right, seemed to take an age to go in. Wasn't there for the time he caught it instead of scoring*

Enjoyed a pre and post match pint in the Spellow with the Brothers-in law, barman reminded me of Bez, friendly enough place with a slight edge!

Hopefully get Sheff Utd in the next round to add extra interest...

*edit just checked - that was when he played for West Ham! Memory is shot.

Last edited:
I thought they did well in the youth cup game. Fulham are a decent outfit but overall we played well.

I don't think there is anyone who immediately jumps off the page, as some have said, but it's a bit of work in progress. I like Whittaker on the left hand side, has a bit of everything rally, an tackle, quite quick, good vision and will chip in with a goal.

Welch at the back is also a good player, and one we can hopefully get signed to a contract. Great to see young Ishe Samuel's getting some time at left back, I didn't think he disgraced himself at all.

I thought Isaac Price was quite quiet for his standards. Metcalfe looks a comfortable player on the ball but still very small.

I thought they did well in the youth cup game. Fulham are a decent outfit but overall we played well.

I don't think there is anyone who immediately jumps off the page, as some have said, but it's a bit of work in progress. I like Whittaker on the left hand side, has a bit of everything rally, an tackle, quite quick, good vision and will chip in with a goal.

Welch at the back is also a good player, and one we can hopefully get signed to a contract. Great to see young Ishe Samuel's getting some time at left back, I didn't think he disgraced himself at all.

I thought Isaac Price was quite quiet for his standards. Metcalfe looks a comfortable player on the ball but still very small.

The good thing about Whittaker is that he looked a level above u18 football which is a big compliment to the kid. Next step is probably staying to get him a good loan next season if he's deemed not 1st team ready to challenge fir a place in the squad.

You know what I mean lol

Some lads seem to struggle even at that level but he's made the step up to u23 and hasn't looked out of place, so when he drops down back to u18 he looks well ahead of others.

Yes. You're right when you say he just looks beyond that level.

Like, Mills did well too, but he looked at "that level" to me. Hence why I prefer Whittaker to Mills.

Yes. You're right when you say he just looks beyond that level.

Like, Mills did well too, but he looked at "that level" to me. Hence why I prefer Whittaker to Mills.
I think Whitaker has always looked good , from Schoolboy through to now and agree he‘s ahead of Mills . The thing about Mills is this time last year he was nowhere really , I think he’d been injured , no real impact at u18 where as Whitaker, Price and Butterfield were really progressing. But he’s really progressed in the past 12 months and earned his place in the U23s, it’ll be interesting to see how much further he can kick on.

I think Whitaker has always looked good , from Schoolboy through to now and agree he‘s ahead of Mills . The thing about Mills is this time last year he was nowhere really , I think he’d been injured , no real impact at u18 where as Whitaker, Price and Butterfield were really progressing. But he’s really progressed in the past 12 months and earned his place in the U23s, it’ll be interesting to see how much further he can kick on.

Hes grown a lot in that time.

Sheffield win on pens so I think that game is to be played mid January.
It's important that you add 'United' to their name. We don't need any association / confusion with those scrubbers :D
Imagine getting mixed up with that other team in Liverp... Oh never mind.

Can't remember if Everton will be at home, hopefully so, don't really want to set foot in their ground unless I really have to.

It's important that you add 'United' to their name. We don't need any association / confusion with those scrubbers :D
Imagine getting mixed up with that other team in Liverp... Oh never mind.

Can't remember if Everton will be at home, hopefully so, don't really want to set foot in their ground unless I really have to.
My apologies. Yes everton are at home in the next round