evolved tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
because we don't have Baines there and instead have a 19yo lad playing most games mate and he wants someone more 'tactically disciplined' ahead of him to provide cover - well that's the theory behind playing Naismith/Cleverley/Kone there anyway

That makes sense, although of course, Kone played at the weekend even with Oviedo behind him. It's an interesting situation as we have Lennon, Mirallas, McGeady and Pienaar as options on the wing (when Pienaar is fit obviously), yet at the moment we seem happy to bench all of them to play someone nominally out of position.

I think we're varying our style more than we were last season, dependent on the opposition that we're facing.

There's more variation to our play now and the one paced tiki taka borefest has been replaced with a more fluid style that seeks to find space in behind much more that we did a year ago.

It's infinitely better to watch the Everton of 15/16 so far, than the side that was producing turgid pap at this point last season.

I think we're varying our style more than we were last season, dependent on the opposition that we're facing.

There's more variation to our play now and the one paced tiki taka borefest has been replaced with a more fluid style that seeks to find space in behind much more that we did a year ago.

It's infinitely better to watch the Everton of 15/16 so far, than the side that was producing turgid pap at this point last season.

Agree with this. Against the better sides we seem to be setting up in a counter attack style, dropping the back four on our 18 and letting the oppo have possession . Also I have noticed Seamus tends to stay at home 1st half and bombs on a bit in the 2nd. I think yesterday showed we have the talent to play counter, but only when the game is stretched, setting up purely counter has not worked well for us this season.

When we have a lead we can play Bawb's tiki taka that he luves so much without having to worry about breaking down 10 men plus we hit teams with a lethal counter when they have to commit men forward.

We should try playing with a lead more often.

We are much better on the flanks, with Deulofeu in particular providing that cutting edge and Kone holding up the ball so well. With Lennon added in and Mirallas not even starting, we have the quality depth to absorb the Pienaar injury. Even Cleverley when fit will challenge for that inside left role.

I didn't even need to mention McGeady.

It's a combination of how we've set up and how other teams are playing in the PL this season. On the flanks we've relied more on a forward and a winger to provide our attacking threat out wide and played more conservative FBs (through injuries to Coleman and Baines I suspect, rather than by design). And opponents are nowhere near as compact and defence minded as they traditionally have been, which has allowed the likes of Barkley (especially) and Lukaku to prosper when opposition moves break down.

That makes sense, although of course, Kone played at the weekend even with Oviedo behind him. It's an interesting situation as we have Lennon, Mirallas, McGeady and Pienaar as options on the wing (when Pienaar is fit obviously), yet at the moment we seem happy to bench all of them to play someone nominally out of position.

I'm still confused about him trying his best to get Yarmolenko in - who plays best on the right mate, and then bringing in Lennon - who right now just seems a luxury and can't see him playing much at all - especially as we still seme keen to try to get in the Yarm...

a overdose of right wingers and a half

To be honest I don't look any further than Lukaku having a partner up front! The partnership with Kone is now starting and that is producing dividends for the whole team! The fact that they are starting to feed each other superb through balls and crosses only emphasises the fact! I genuinely believe that they should now be a fixture together home and away! So much so, that if Bobby drops Kone again this season, I will have to stalk and kill him!

" Evertons playing style was frustrating and predictable last season. But this year Martinez has clearly made changes and shows he has learned and the whole system has evolved "

-finnish commentator yesterday

Do you agree?

* he also said lukakus assist was sexy and erotic
He erotically stroked the balls into the hole:)

Tactics haven't changed but players have. Deulofeu and Kone on flanks is a world away from Etoo and Naismith. Lukaku and Barkley are also fit this season. We have options off the bench as well now.
I think in fairness we are getting the ball forward quicker, and we don't overplay it at the back as much.
I think he has a certain outlook on how he wants to play, i think he has realised we are Everton and not Barcelona so has had to tweak things
Not sure if you would agree, but think subtle tweaks have been made, but not a massive overall change

Just imagine if Eto'o was here with Deulofeu supporting lukaku in form. Orgasmic.... Simply orgasmic.

Delboy Romelu Eto'o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back