Ex-Derby boss Davies in line for Everton job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davies understudied Moyes for years at Preston, if I remember correctly they were team mates as players. I would welcome his aqppoinment but question why he is prepared to take a step downwards at this time of his career, he was touted as both Irelands and Scotlands manager:unsure:

The guy got fired becasue he won the playoffs. He'd still be the manager if they lost and were still in the Championship.

Hi there, one of my best mates is an Everton fan and I'm a Derby season ticket holder (I know, feel my pain) and stumbled upon this post.

Just wanted to set the record straight about Billy Davies. He did a brilliant job last season for us, but whilst on the pitch at Wembley celebrating the win over Albion' he refused to commit to the club, and (according to Adam Pearson, our then Chairman) throughout the summer he was reluctant to sign players until his backroom staff and his own contract was renegotiated.

We were already under-prepared for life in the Prem because of the play-offs and then hampered even more because of the contracts situation. He then had a meeting with our Chairman (after slating him on a post match interview on Radio Derby, against Chelsea in November) where he pretty much stated he didn't want to stay and that the Chairman had sold him short, (even though he's spent 3.5m on a striker (Earnshaw) that's only started two games for us this season.) So they cancelled his contract by mutual consent.

And it's worth pointing out he left Preston under a similar situation before he joined Derby.... something about falling out with the Chairman over speaking to Charlton and Derby about jobs.

And finally, after he left Derby he said in a newspaper interview that when he was parading the play-off trophy around wembley, he wished it was Preston instead.

Just so you know. He's a damn good manager, brilliant motivator - and my friend and I often draw comparisons between him and Moyes but... well, judge for yourself.

Good luck this season, hope you nail that champs league spot. It's about time you beat those Red's to something.

Ime not saying Davey isnt loyal but these days loyalty is outdated in some clubs if we are to stay a top 4 team we need a top 4 club they go hand in hand with out one the other wont survive look after 4yrs chelseas turmoil so I would be all for it.Look across the park in
the 60s-70s 2 back room staff carried the club forward after shankly a good apointment

Even if he was to come here for a few seasons until he gets back into management it'd be ideal for him and hopefully us, after all he's got to pay his bills somehow.

Hello Martin, a friend of mine is a Leicester fan and he's a nice, mild mannered man.

Ive only seen him go loco and swear whilst watching Derby on TV.

I wanted to share this with you. Also, pineapple on pizza - you in or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back