Exciting Young Players at Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafro

Player Valuation: £8m
Just looking at the trust that Martinez looks like he will put in youth and I think this could be fantastic for the development of some of the young players that we have at the club.

Players around the first team

James McCarthy
Romelu Lukaku
Ross Barkley
John Stones
Gerard Deulefeu
Joel Robles

Players in the U21s
John Lundstram
Chris Long
Conor Grant
Hallam Hope
Luke Garbutt
Shane Duffy
George Green

To name a few.
There is the potential here to develop some great players and having someone like Martinez at the helm will surely help their chances. I look as far as Callum McManaman at Wigan and feel that there could be exciting times ahead for us.

(unrelenting optimism since transfer deadline day)

I'm a really big fan of youth and hope most of them at least get a few games to prove themselves.

I'm a big fan of Shane Duffy & John Stones. Though it's also nice to see the UN21's bringing people such as Conor Grant, Hallam Hope and George Green through.

The best teams always have a local spine...

Jagielka is there obviously but it would be nice to see Stones and Barkley in the 1st eleven hopefully with Lundstram and one or two others coming through...

Lots of quality

Really hope Lundstram goes out on loan this season. Really like to see if he could handle the championship.

We have a fantastic academy, but we also need to be investing what little money we do get, in younger players. A few of our really important players, are reaching the latter stages of their careers so will need to be replaced in the next few years.

Hopefully we sign more McCarthy's (age rather than fee) than Kone's and Barry's in the coming windows.

All though ive not seen him play, a few of the lads who have reckon ryan ledson is gonna be the next superstar coming through, made his u21 debut when he was 15. From those ive seen play i think lundstram is a boss little player not as dynamic as barkley but fantastic passer and a proper box to box player, Stones we've all seen is a silky center back, nothing like the usual big lumps england produce, think garbutt needs game time but he could still come good hes got all the attributes.

All though ive not seen him play, a few of the lads who have reckon ryan ledson is gonna be the next superstar coming through, made his u21 debut when he was 15. From those ive seen play i think lundstram is a boss little player not as dynamic as barkley but fantastic passer and a proper box to box player, Stones we've all seen is a silky center back, nothing like the usual big lumps england produce, think garbutt needs game time but he could still come good hes got all the attributes.
Martinez is also a fan of Grant

luke garbutt isn't exciting mate. he won't make it

It would be a massive shame if he doesn't make it, he really does have a fantastic left foot and has shown promise at every level of football he has played. He is definitely one that needs a season on loan at a championship, I think baines was playing championship football at his age. (be a shame to let another one go and buy him back)

Bit optimistic with the list of youngsters but I guess football is full of surprises!

I think Garbutt has the technique, but I really can't see him being a Premier League leftback, perhaps a wide midfielder or winger. Had one of his worst games when we lost 3-0 to Man City the other week.

Status
Not open for further replies.