Exciting Young Players at Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're good enough tey're old enough, but there needs to be some caution. This is why I'm pleased to see a few old heads signed...Barry in particular, because we can't have a season like Villa last season, when their young players couldn't cope, and Benteke singled handed kept them in the division.

All though ive not seen him play, a few of the lads who have reckon ryan ledson is gonna be the next superstar coming through, made his u21 debut when he was 15. From those ive seen play i think lundstram is a boss little player not as dynamic as barkley but fantastic passer and a proper box to box player, Stones we've all seen is a silky center back, nothing like the usual big lumps england produce, think garbutt needs game time but he could still come good hes got all the attributes.

I know ryan and his family and you couldnt meet a nicer kid...very highly thought of and feet firmly on the ground.

Ledson and Dowell have crept up in a few Telegraph articles over the last few months and are being touted as ones to watch.

John Lundstram went out on loan to Doncaster Rovers last season and he helped them gain promotion - I think he is definately a star of the future a great passer and box to box player. I think he needs to go out on loan again he wont develop further in the u-21's. I think Garbutt would benefit from being loaned out as well.

Loaning out players its all about timing and finding the right situation for out young players and I fully trust Martinez with that. I remember him saying something like ideally every season at least one player from the reserves would be ready to break into the first team. Thats exactly what his done with Barkley and Stones, who knows maybe next season we'll see Duffy or Lundstram get some playing time. Martinez is very serious about our youth development so I trust he'll do everything in his power to get the most out of our top prospects.

Loaning out players its all about timing and finding the right situation for out young players and I fully trust Martinez with that. I remember him saying something like ideally every season at least one player from the reserves would be ready to break into the first team. Thats exactly what his done with Barkley and Stones, who knows maybe next season we'll see Duffy or Lundstram get some playing time. Martinez is very serious about our youth development so I trust he'll do everything in his power to get the most out of our top prospects.

Lundtram is the one i think is a nailed on cert to come through mate, i just think duffy is all wrong for the system were going towards, think he will go on to have a good career somewhere though, just not with us

Neville was fantastic as a pro. Young players couldn't have asked for a better role model. I also know plenty of people who've visited the club for one reason or another and everyone came away saying what a fantastic ambassador he was for the club and was a big part of what helps makes us such a special club.

Anyway back on topic. Our youth set up is fantastic and we could have plenty more top players coming through. Do any of the guys on here who follow the youth set up closely know what effect Moyes going had had? Did he take any of the key staff with him?

As far as I can see he hasn't taken anyone from the Academy with him, still see the same faces when i watch the u18s. Other than Neil Dewsnip leaving for the FA I don't think anyone's left.

As far as I can see he hasn't taken anyone from the Academy with him, still see the same faces when i watch the u18s. Other than Neil Dewsnip leaving for the FA I don't think anyone's left.

Thats a positive. Who would be your top 3 Swisso hat you would think have the potential to become part of the first team in the coming seasons?

Thats a positive. Who would be your top 3 Swisso hat you would think have the potential to become part of the first team in the coming seasons?

It's a hard question to answer, all you can really say is who's doing well for this stage of their development. People tend to run away with names, pretty much like the opening post of this thread!

Jonjoe Kenny and Ryan Ledson are doing well at this stage. Everton withdrew Kenny from England U17 duty so he could play in 2 U21 games for Everton against Man City and Reading instead, he's keeping Ben McLaughlin out of the team so he's doing well.

Obviously everyone knows about Ryan Ledson now and like Kenny he's doing better at this stage than would be expected. I like James Graham, but he needs to be a bit more forceful and aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.