Expectations For 2022/2023 Season

What are your realistic expectations for the 22/23 Premier League season?

• Europa League/Europa Conference League qualification (5th - 7th)

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Top half finish (8th - 10th)

Votes: 43 23.9%
  • Mid table (10th to 13th)

Votes: 98 54.4%
  • Bottom half but safe from relegation (14th - 17th)

Votes: 27 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top half would be more than acceptable, should be aiming for 10th or better.

But unless changes are made to the squad, and how we operate off the pitch, then another relegation fight is more than likely.
Pretty much aligns with my thinking. We should be pushing for top half but mid table would be acceptable.

Changes need to be made to get there, though.

I’d be happy with a Top half finish and seeing progress in the way we play.

If we get back to making Goodison a fortress again, that should see us to a top half finish. Look at the games we’ve lost at home this season, Watford, Brighton, Wolves, Villa, Brentford, these are all games we should be winning at home and 15 points dropped. Obviously our away from has to improve but our home form is vital.

Would like mid table but would accept safety again but more comfortable and over 40 points. It’s unrealistic to expect us to catapult into the top half overnight with the amount of surgery that needs doing to this squad.
Yeah I’m a little surprised by the amount of votes for the first option. I don’t think it’s realistic to expect that at all.

Midtable mediocrity.....sadly.
League cup 1/4 final
Fa cup 5th round.
Highlights of the season, beating the sky 6 at Goodison.

Roll on
Pretty much this, when you look at the teams above us now, there are a few who we can see improve, the top 6 will be top 6 then we have Wolves, West Ham, Leicester, Newcastle all going for top 10, not sure how we are suddenly going to brake in.
Farhad has taken us too far backwards at the worst possible time.
10-12 anything more is a bonus sadly.

I'd be quite content with a comfortable Mid-table spot safely away from any drama at the bottom of the table. So long as we maintain the momentum we've mostly had at Goodison under Lampard going for us and work on at least improving away from home somewhat then there's no reason that we can't get a top ten finish. Other then being safely away from any relegation drama my only other serious expectation is that we have proper go at both the cups and have a serious attempt at trying to end our trophy drought. If we do both of those things then I'll consider it a good season.

I’d be happy with a Top half finish and seeing progress in the way we play.

If we get back to making Goodison a fortress again, that should see us to a top half finish. Look at the games we’ve lost at home this season, Watford, Brighton, Wolves, Villa, Brentford, these are all games we should be winning at home and 15 points dropped. Obviously our away from has to improve but our home form is vital.
Think the bare minimum requirement is to beat the teams that finish in the bottom four positions home and away something we failed to do this season. Decent home form should see us comfortable.

Hard to say before we see what players we hav3 but I expected a top half finish this season and I won't be swerving on that this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.