Expectations for the Coming Season ?

Well ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Midtable dour defensive dung.

May as well stuck with Big Samuel and not wasted all that money hiring and firing.
Shame we couldn't do that last season.
Defence more-or-less sorted, Midfield improved, attack well below par as has been for a while. Let him now work on that. We want midtable this season at least unless you prefer the exciting near relegation battle

Shame we couldn't do that last season.
Defence more-or-less sorted, Midfield improved, attack well below par as has been for a while. Let him now work on that. We want midtable this season at least unless you prefer the exciting near relegation battle

You could have Lukaku up top but if the service is none existent / set up is defensive not much will change up top you feel.

I also think if he goes more attacking we'll start getting cut through at the back I don't see the manager being able to find that balance - he couldn't do it at megabucks Chelsea with some top level players what makes peeps think he could do it here with lesser players ?‍♂️

You could have Lukaku up top but if the service is none existent / set up is defensive not much will change up top you feel.

I also think if he goes more attacking we'll start getting cut through at the back I don't see the manager being able to find that balance - he couldn't do it at megabucks Chelsea with some top level players what makes peeps think he could do it here with lesser players ?‍♂️
At least we are not getting thumped every other week. Remember unlike previous managers Lampard is on a budget and does not have the monies the others had...............so sort out defence priority and midfield and we look much better but blunt. I am sure he has his knife sharpener ready in January.

His first season at Chelsea he couldn't buy anyone and done OK, second season he bought players and they went on to win the Champions league

At least we are not getting thumped every other week. Remember unlike previous managers Lampard is on a budget and does not have the monies the others had...............so sort out defence priority and midfield and we look much better but blunt. I am sure he has his knife sharpener ready in January.

His first season at Chelsea he couldn't buy anyone and done OK, second season he bought players and they went on to win the Champions league

Would love to be proven wrong mate I just see nothing to suggest we have a system to nick us a pot or european finish.

Think we'll be midtable and not in any real trouble under Lampard but last season aside how long will the fanbase put up with that as the regular expectation for ?

As I said we may aswell have just stuck it oot with Big Samuel and saved a lot of dough if the aim was just midtable mediocrity every year and no bottom 3 fears.

Would love to be proven wrong mate I just see nothing to suggest we have a system to nick us a pot or european finish.

Think we'll be midtable and not in any real trouble under Lampard but last season aside how long will the fanbase put up with that as the regular expectation for ?

As I said we may aswell have just stuck it oot with Big Samuel and saved a lot of dough if the aim was just midtable mediocrity every year and no bottom 3 fears.
I think majority of fans are expecting that this season because of the crap show last season. The team is still gelling and we are lacking up front but the improvement from last season is clear. He has only really had a summer to sort things out but was restricted by budget. He is on the right track and gaining more experience along the way

I think majority of fans are expecting that this season because of the crap show last season. The team is still gelling and we are lacking up front but the improvement from last season is clear. He has only really had a summer to sort things out but was restricted by budget. He is on the right track and gaining more experience along the way

We'll see.

I'll be honest I lost a little faith tonight - Fulham were there for the taking and we went too defensive yet again on the road.

Coleman and Gordon still in the team

Usual dithering on the subs

A lot of improvement needed before I can say with some belief that he's the right man to take us forward in the long term.

We'll see.

I'll be honest I lost a little faith tonight - Fulham were there for the taking and we went too defensive yet again on the road.

A lot of improvement needed before I can say with some belief that he's the right man to take us forward in the long term.
I can't agree with that sorry

We'll see.

I’d be inclined to agree with the subs comment but we are still lacking attacking options that improve us or that change a game.
However regarding the footy Frank admits what we are seeing is the ‘work in progress’ and gives the impression that the football will evolve and there’s a plan.

Midtable dour defensive dung.

May as well stuck with Big Samuel and not wasted all that money hiring and firing.
Not really, that was Big Sam’s football philosophy and the way he wanted his teams to play. That wasn’t going to change.

Whereas it isn’t the way Frank wants his teams to play football and wants to play more through lines etc. It just happens he’s come into a job at a point where we have the least quality in the final third that we’ve had for many a year.

Once the window closed, the sale of Richarlison and the attacking players we have, this season was only ever going to be about stabilising to give us a platform to build on.

The team struggled to create and score goals under Ancelotti, Rafael and we’ve lost by far the best attacking player we had in Richarlison and only added McNeil to the attack. I don’t know what people were expecting. There is no history of goals or assists in this team that would make it a top half team.

Get to the summer, stay in the league and with 2/3 good attacking additions in the summer, this team will be in a good place to challenge for top half next season.

Not really, that was Big Sam’s football philosophy and the way he wanted his teams to play. That wasn’t going to change.

Whereas it isn’t the way Frank wants his teams to play football and wants to play more through lines etc. It just happens he’s come into a job at a point where we have the least quality in the final third that we’ve had for many a year.

Yeah I think that if Lampard can get us playing the way he actually wants to then we'll be far more expansive and exciting than we were under Large Samuel whilst still being in a solid league position

Right now if we ended the season in 12th then I'd consider it to be a successful one in all honesty

All about consolidation this season, with aims to kick on when we can. There's going to be a few years of toil until we get where we want to be

Yeah I think that if Lampard can get us playing the way he actually wants to then we'll be far more expansive and exciting than we were under Large Samuel whilst still being in a solid league position

Right now if we ended the season in 12th then I'd consider it to be a successful one in all honesty

All about consolidation this season, with aims to kick on when we can. There's going to be a few years of toil until we get where we want to be
I just wish people would see this and accept it as reality. It is not a place we want to be but it is a place we are. People getting agitated because we don't beat Fulham are not grasping the situation of where we are and what we are trying to build. We are still well short but we have improved. Mid-table will be a success and one step forward. We have tried to go for it in the past by spending unwisely and this Everton team is now the result of that waste. Worse team and very little money to spend. This is a reset....will take a while and we just have to go along on the ride

I just wish people would see this and accept it as reality. It is not a place we want to be but it is a place we are. People getting agitated because we don't beat Fulham are not grasping the situation of where we are and what we are trying to build. We are still well short but we have improved. Mid-table will be a success and one step forward. We have tried to go for it in the past by spending unwisely and this Everton team is now the result of that waste. Worse team and very little money to spend. This is a reset....will take a while and we just have to go along on the ride

What does annoy me is when you get accused of lacking ambition for being realistic as well

We all want Everton to be better than they are, but sometimes you have to break some eggs before you can make an omelette

12th isn't what we WANT, but we'll take it for now if it leads to better things down the line

This is a marathon and not a sprint

What does annoy me is when you get accused of lacking ambition for being realistic as well

We all want Everton to be better than they are, but sometimes you have to break some eggs before you can make an omelette

12th isn't what we WANT, but we'll take it for now if it leads to better things down the line

This is a marathon and not a sprint
Well said ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.