FA cup 5th round draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to take a page out of the Klopp-RS guidebook.

Lavish insincere praise and respect pre-match.

Turn them over 7-0.

Pat them on the head and tell them 'well done'.

and just in case that doesn't work make sure you've bribed the officials to not give the opposition deserved penalties or your players deserved red cards.

Always a dangerous team to have visiting - Altrincham in the 1970s - Great welcome by the blues fans - as they paraded the half way line & took the plaudits - it soon turned nasty as they tried to kick us off the pitch - John Conolly was in great form till they broke his leg in two places right in front of me & my older brother it got nasty after that - Gary Jones sent off for us - then the opposition scored a goal that was 5 yards offside - we scraped a draw with a Dave Clements pen & won at Old Trafford in the replay ......

Thank goodness VAR will be in action as you never know - these teams put so much effort in - it won't be easy .....
Johnny King was Altrincham manager then, oh deary me, he was truly hard and any team he was ever involved with took no prisoners. Finished John Connolly as a player really, that broken leg, he was a good player as well.

Just been speaking to a mate of mine who’s a Halifax Town fan, follows them all over the country home and away and is pretty much my go-to person for any non-league info.

flea1.jpg

flea2.jpg

TBF, Boreham Wood did beat them 1-0 in that game, so some bias is possible :lol:

Always a dangerous team to have visiting - Altrincham in the 1970s - Great welcome by the blues fans - as they paraded the half way line & took the plaudits - it soon turned nasty as they tried to kick us off the pitch - John Conolly was in great form till they broke his leg in two places right in front of me & my older brother it got nasty after that - Gary Jones sent off for us - then the opposition scored a goal that was 5 yards offside - we scraped a draw with a Dave Clements pen & won at Old Trafford in the replay ......

Thank goodness VAR will be in action as you never know - these teams put so much effort in - it won't be easy .....
If I remember correctly, Gary Jones just decked the fella that broke Connellys leg and started walking off the pitch.

Johnny King was Altrincham manager then, oh deary me, he was truly hard and any team he was ever involved with took no prisoners. Finished John Connolly as a player really, that broken leg, he was a good player as well.
It wasn't the ex Tranmere boss,I think it was John King a scouser who frequented the non league circles for years.

Don't be too made up for Borehamwood. I used to live round the corner from there for a few years and it's jam-packed with Sun-reading working class Tory meffs.

Their club literally did a pro-Brexit article on its website

Alright, we've got to swallow the fact that Lampard is a Tory, but these are the worst sort of Tories

Expect plenty of "sign on" songs
Pro brexit article?

It wasn't the ex Tranmere boss,I think it was John King a scouser who frequented the non league circles for years.
That's right Dario, he played for Kirby town for a while, ran a scaffolding firm. He was a very tough cookie. John King the Tranmere manager I couldn't comment on because I didn't know him, but, Johnny King from Kirby was a tough boy. He was on Everton's books as a youngster.

So what’s the problem? I voted out, no big deal isn’t it??
On the one hand you've got people (Tories mostly) who say we should leave politics out of football when local supporters say that there's no way you can possibly truly support a club like ours with such deep-rooted links to a working class community if you're a Tory.

On the other hand you've got a club like Boreham Wood actively getting involved in politics at the opposite end of the political spectrum.

Can't have it both ways.

On the one hand you've got people (Tories mostly) who say we should leave politics out of football when local supporters say that there's no way you can possibly truly support a club like ours with such deep-rooted links to a working class community if you're a Tory.

On the other hand you've got a club like Boreham Wood actively getting involved in politics at the opposite end of the political spectrum.

Can't have it both ways.
Just seems a weird thing people are bringing up in an fa cup game, couldn’t care if they voted Lib Dem, greens, ukip, monster raving lunatic party or even for Dianne abbot, they’re just fans of their club

@Toffeelover is a Tory.

I look forward to an engaging tie or cup football.
Sad to see a Tory toff giving it loads on this fine forum.

@Toffeelover appears most definitely to be one of them new tory convert types. He’s probably just moved into a new build, has a nice shiny built-in double oven and a new Ford Mondeo on pcp.

Given his perceived social standing he can longer bring himself to call himself working class and therefore has arrived at the conclusion that he is in fact a blue blooded tory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back