FA cup 5th round draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah trust me, as a non-league fan for many years it happens. You see so many people at these big away ties that you never, ever see at the home games. They just want to get caught up in the occasion. It's good for the team but they're glory fans.
I very much doubt they’re “glory fans”… What’s much more likely is that the fella who goes to every game also takes his missus, his kids, his mate etc etc because it’s something that’s never happened in the 40 years he’s been following the team and he wants to share it.

Doesn’t make them “glory fans” imo

I very much doubt they’re “glory fans”… What’s much more likely is that the fella who goes to every game also takes his missus, his kids, his mate etc etc because it’s something that’s never happened in the 40 years he’s been following the team and he wants to share it.

Isn't that the very definition of a glory fan? A person that doesn't bother to go to a league game at home midweek but will get a ticket to an away game to a PL team???

Always a dangerous team to have visiting - Altrincham in the 1970s - Great welcome by the blues fans - as they paraded the half way line & took the plaudits - it soon turned nasty as they tried to kick us off the pitch - John Conolly was in great form till they broke his leg in two places right in front of me & my older brother it got nasty after that - Gary Jones sent off for us - then the opposition scored a goal that was 5 yards offside - we scraped a draw with a Dave Clements pen & won at Old Trafford in the replay ......

Thank goodness VAR will be in action as you never know - these teams put so much effort in - it won't be easy .....

“Glory fans” is the wrong term, but he’s absolutely right that the bulk of the crowd will be made up of bandwagon-jumpers who have probably never been to a non league game or at best rarely go.

Went to that, hit the bar in the last minute.
We were terrible in the first leg at Tolka.

In fact UCD had won the Cup with a very late goal against Rovers in a replay and I was going to Everton v Man U on the old B&I ferry overnight. Some rush to get to the docks in time. Just made it.

Those were the days.

Nah trust me, as a non-league fan for many years it happens. You see so many people at these big away ties that you never, ever see at the home games. They just want to get caught up in the occasion. It's good for the team but they're glory fans.
This.

Massive Tory club

Absolutely smash these

Goodison is going to be filled with massive Tory Red day-tripper whopper liverpool fans who all reside down in "The Shires", and will take the opportunity to get up north and visit their "spiritual" home up on snake mountain, before crossing the park to sing in your liverpool slums and wave £20 notes to the Parkend.
Seeing some suggestions people have put forward that we should pay their fans to come up and give them the gate receipts on top. Their MP is the chairman of the Tory party, maybe he can bring Rees Mogg and his awful brood along, plus all the others jeering tory rabble to bray at us paupers as well.

I'm getting memories of going up to Carlisle just after the floods with Everton fans raising thousands for the locals, only to witness some pretty awful racial abuse of Lennon & Kone. Loads of turgid bicycle seat sniffing kopshoites clambering out of the sewers on that day as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back