FA cup 5th round draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most sides like that bring a huge amount of glory fans to big away games. Happened with Barrow a lot when we got away cup trips to the likes of Boro.

Yeah they will be allowed up to the full 6-6.5k if they want it. But on a Tuesday or Wednesday night, 3 or 4 might be more realistic.

They are very close to Watford and in the Spurs/Arsenal area, so they might get a lot of fans who support those teams in fairness.

So they took about 1500 fans to Bournemouth and the commentators were saying they get nowhere near that for league games. So what do we reckon they'll take allocation wise, 3k?

They got to the playoff final a few years ago and played Tranmere.

Think the attendance was 16,500, and Tranmere took 13,000.

Borehamwood is less than 10 miles from Wembley, so they’ve not got a huge fan base.

I think they’ll do everything to ensure it’s prime time, so I reckon we’ll be Thursday night, knowing we won’t clash with Chelsea etc…

It’ll probably be their biggest turnout, but wouldn’t expect the larger allocation to be taken.

They got to the playoff final a few years ago and played Tranmere.

Think the attendance was 16,500, and Tranmere took 13,000.

Borehamwood is less than 10 miles from Wembley, so they’ve not got a huge fan base.

I think they’ll do everything to ensure it’s prime time, so I reckon we’ll be Thursday night, knowing we won’t clash with Chelsea etc…

It’ll probably be their biggest turnout, but wouldn’t expect the larger allocation to be taken.

The reds are at home as well so we can't play same night as them. They play the Sunday before and Saturday after so they are pretty much certain to be Wednesday. We play Saturday before and Monday after so could be either Tuesday or Thursday. I think there will definitely be a Thursday game to get another TV slot, so it could be either.

Most sides like that bring a huge amount of glory fans to big away games. Happened with Barrow a lot when we got away cup trips to the likes of
I don't think teams like that do get glory fans for big games like this. I just think that all their fans go.

I'm making up figures here but a 1000 average could be made up of around 4000 different fans who go a varying number of times during that season, with nearly all of them wanting to go to this match.

Boreham Wood have a good chance of getting promoted into the league next season.
It is going to be a tougher game than Brentford
Be aware be very aware

I doubt they'll bring more than 2,000 for a game that will be live on free TV. That's about as many as Brentford brought after asking for 6,000.

Seen some mad shouts about giving them the full gate or paying their travel or whatever. Give them nothing we wouldn’t give Man City. Treat it like a charity kickabout and that mentality will spread to the team.

Bit harsh to say we flopped. We were without Jagielka Arteta Yakubu and Anichebe off the bench. They had a fully fit team and were one of the best in Europe just off the back of having their man objective for the season the CL cruelly torn off them in the last minute. They’d gone 180 minutes with one of the best club sides in history and at times had manhandled them only losing to Iniesta’s last kick.

Even then we managed to get ahead in the game and got undone by a Howard error from Lampard’s shot after Neville slipped. People say we sat back after scoring in that game but I honestly think we were just forced back by what at the time was probably one of the best teams in Europe who were miles better than us anyway, but without the entire spine of our team they were light years ahead of us. I’m not sure it’s fair to say we flopped. That team had done great to get past Liverpool Villa Stoke and United that season to make the final.
It was such a hot day, too. Whichever team got their noses in front in the last 10 minutes was in with a great chance of finishing off the job. No complaints, they were better than us but I have a vague memory of us having a good chance to retake the lead with about 20 to go? We might have hung on! Injuries just too much for us really and Malouda was excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back