FA cup 5th round draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we will ever get a run to the final without having to play a big six or whatever they call it these days. It certainly happens to the big teams where they get to a final without playing anyone.

The chairman of Boreham Wood has just been interviewed on Radio 4. Apparently winning the fourth round match brings them £90,000 in prize money. The interviewer did not mention who they'd drawn. Usual BBC bias.

I wonder if we will ever get a run to the final without having to play a big six or whatever they call it these days. It certainly happens to the big teams where they get to a final without playing anyone.
We managed to beat some in 09 but flopped in the Final. Realistically we will have to do the same if we are to get to Wembley.

We managed to beat some in 09 but flopped in the Final. Realistically we will have to do the same if we are to get to Wembley.

Bit harsh to say we flopped. We were without Jagielka Arteta Yakubu and Anichebe off the bench. They had a fully fit team and were one of the best in Europe just off the back of having their man objective for the season the CL cruelly torn off them in the last minute. They’d gone 180 minutes with one of the best club sides in history and at times had manhandled them only losing to Iniesta’s last kick.

Even then we managed to get ahead in the game and got undone by a Howard error from Lampard’s shot after Neville slipped. People say we sat back after scoring in that game but I honestly think we were just forced back by what at the time was probably one of the best teams in Europe who were miles better than us anyway, but without the entire spine of our team they were light years ahead of us. I’m not sure it’s fair to say we flopped. That team had done great to get past Liverpool Villa Stoke and United that season to make the final.

Bit harsh to say we flopped. We were without Jagielka Arteta Yakubu and Anichebe off the bench. They had a fully fit team and were one of the best in Europe just off the back of having their man objective for the season the CL cruelly torn off them in the last minute. They’d gone 180 minutes with one of the best club sides in history and at times had manhandled them only losing to Iniesta’s last kick.

Even then we managed to get ahead in the game and got undone by a Howard error from Lampard’s shot after Neville slipped. People say we sat back after scoring in that game but I honestly think we were just forced back by what at the time was probably one of the best teams in Europe who were miles better than us anyway, but without the entire spine of our team they were light years ahead of us. I’m not sure it’s fair to say we flopped. That team had done great to get past Liverpool Villa Stoke and United that season to make the final.
Fair opinion mate. My journey that day started at 3 a.m. and I got home around midnight. I just wanted us to challenge better after the early lead.

I felt we had scored too early and would try to defend for the rest of the match. In a Cup Final we needed to be more positive. I accept the point about injuries. Also Howard could have done better for that goal.

Seeing idiots fighting outside after the match didn't help.

Don't be too made up for Borehamwood. I used to live round the corner from there for a few years and it's jam-packed with Sun-reading working class Tory meffs.

Their club literally did a pro-Brexit article on its website

Alright, we've got to swallow the fact that Lampard is a Tory, but these are the worst sort of Tories

Expect plenty of "sign on" songs

Don't be too made up for Borehamwood. I used to live round the corner from there for a few years and it's jam-packed with Sun-reading working class Tory meffs.

Their club literally did a pro-Brexit article on its website

Alright, we've got to swallow the fact that Lampard is a Tory, but these are the worst sort of Tories

Expect plenty of "sign on" songs

These posts are pathetic.

Someone suggests Everton paying B.Wood's share of the VAR bill on the day.
How ironic would it be in such circumstances if we were to exit the cup as a result of a controversial VAR decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back