FA cup 5th round draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Patterson at long last get his debut? Hope he gets a game before that. But surely he will get a game against Boreham Wood. If not , then why bring him to the club. I understand that players might not be ready for the PL. But if you can't replace a mainly poor ( this season) Coleman. And imo a not great JJ Kenny. Against a non league outfit. Then when do you play.

Too much politics in here. One day we will be able to have a conversation without it. Really looking forward to the Boreham Wood game. I'd expect an easy win but you never know with us. Especially since that Shrewsbury game. Should be able to play some of the youth for it though and wim

How on earth City get another easy draw is beyond me. And the same for Chelsea. Though complaining about it seems wrong after our own luck. Expecting another upset in the the next round.

Peterborough could be sound and do us a favour. Or Norwich. Or Southampton. Really hoping Spurs, Spurs it.

Hang on a minute mate - there were literally Tory councillors in Borehamwood until last year.

The local MP is a the Conservative Party chairman

It might be less Tory than Radlett, but any town which had Tory councillors until a year ago isn't what you'd ever call a Labour stronghold
Historically a Labour strong hold, you are confusing Hertsmere for Borehamwood Dowden is the MP for the whole of Hertsmere which includes B/Wood but he gets barely any votes from B/wood. Boreham Wood Council is entirely Labour Radlett on the other hand is true blue Tory,do you have family there : )
Enough with the politics, hope you stuff Newcastle, and Ashley Cole could be one of your best signings he's a fantastic coach.

Boreham Wood supporter here.
Okay first off just wanted to say I come in peace but I came across your forum while searching for details about tickets and was mildly amused by some of the comments posted on here about Boreham Wood.
First thing to say is that everyone is very excited about coming to Goodison it is seen as a proper old school club greatly admired for its determination to remain that way, I have a few Everton friends two of which have been supporting your club home and away for over 40 years.
We are under no illusions, this is as far as our club will go in the this competition and only hope is that Frank puts out a very weakened side and the score remains respectable. It would be a shame having come so far to get a real battering on the way out but we accept this could happen.
Boreham Wood is far from being Tory it has always been a working class Labour stronghold in a sea of Tory support around it, in fact in the local elections it was a clean sweep for Labour. It is felt that because of this it does not get the investment it should and as a result is the most deprived area in the whole of Hertfordshire ,absolutely Brexit supporting and proud of it.
As for support, there is no chance it can compete with the PL clubs that surround it, historically it has always been an Arsenal town with Spurs not far behind not surprisingly as both are not far away, Arsenal's training ground is just down the road and they invested a lot into supporting the club with pitch (probably the best in the non league) seating and of course Arsenal Ladies home ground at the club which brings in vital investment. Watford of course is near by also so the club do amazingly well considering.
I was at Bournemouth and there was loads more than 1500 reported that was the allocation plenty more were around the ground, however as our game will be midweek I doubt we will take more than 2000 to Goodison I would be pleasantly surprised if we did.
I hope this gives some context, no one is looking for a hand out just a good night out of course there will be banter would not be football with out but no malice intended.
Good luck tonight and look forward to a historic night for the Wood coming up.
Regarding last few words - surprised @Bungle not commented yet!

Too much politics in here. One day we will be able to have a conversation without it. Really looking forward to the Boreham Wood game. I'd expect an easy win but you never know with us. Especially since that Shrewsbury game. Should be able to play some of the youth for it though and wim

How on earth City get another easy draw is beyond me. And the same for Chelsea. Though complaining about it seems wrong after our own luck. Expecting another upset in the the next round.

Peterborough could be sound and do us a favour. Or Norwich. Or Southampton. Really hoping Spurs, Spurs it.
Not often we agree but yes mate. Only want to come on here and chat soccer. Nearly every thread has tories announcing themselves. Can’t be having that on an Everton site after all they’ve done to our city. Everton got a nice draw in the cup. See it out lads.

Regarding last few words - surprised @Bungle not commented yet!

hi-hello.gif

Some decent cheapish hotels in Borehamwood. 20 minutes and you are in St Pancras. its obviously been a massive post war Council estate. but those houses now go for about 280K, doubt many are council anymore.

Not often we agree but yes mate. Only want to come on here and chat soccer. Nearly every thread has tories announcing themselves. Can’t be having that on an Everton site after all they’ve done to our city. Everton got a nice draw in the cup. See it out lads.

Times really are changing. Once on a blue moon we agree! Really can't understand giving them any money though. You get your lot with the draw in the first place.

Perhaps the FA are the ones who should distribute better. Expecting some rubbish chants from their fans though. Don't want to think that but the north south divide is still rife. Only want us to tear them apart though. So UTFT.

This is the annoying thing with City. They should be concentrating on winning the CL but when they keep getting easy runs in the cup then it makes sense just to go for it.

Thursday night.
8.15 KO

Live on ITV..

Crap time that, especially if extra time and pennos..
Was there no free Saturday that they could play it?

Those stupid false covid postponements coming home to roost this season, proper crappy time, buggering the cup and league up.

Feel a bit sorry for the southerners, but there's no way you'd miss it if you were a boreham wood fan is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.