Fabio Cannavaro - yes or no

Would you like Fabio Cannavaro to be the next Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the valid reasons for saying no to those names and at the same time there has been some support for all of them on here. In other words who ever is appointed some will not be happy.
But why are people surprised about this thats what I don't get if you ask 600 people for their opinion on something they're not all going to agree it doesn't even matter what the question is so I don't know why anyone would expect it to be different for this question its not that Evertonians are impossible to please its just that everyones got their own opinion.

There’s no NO big enough for how NO this is.
1642758898441.png

You’re right. Still not big enough.

The man has just capitalized 100M of debt and increased his shareholding and all I see is criticism...do you think he wanted Koeman, Silva, Ancelotti, and Benitez to fail so spectacularly...

When we appointed Ancelotti especially, every man and his dog were dancing down the streets.

Accept the man's apology and let's move forward.

Great player, and came across as a really nice guy as a pundit for itv in Brazil for the 2014 world Cup. But thats my big worry, he's too mild mannered for the bunch of frauds he needs to get a tune out of. Also strange that a player as decorated as him who is now a coach possesses such a weird coaching cv. Very odd.

So a big no from me.
Sometimes it's just time, place or opportunity. I don't read too much into it. He knows European football inside out.

The man has just capitalized 100M of debt and increased his shareholding and all I see is criticism...do you think he wanted Koeman, Silva, Ancelotti, and Benitez to fail so spectacularly...

When we appointed Ancelotti especially, every man and his dog were dancing down the streets.

It's perfectly rational to be worried about where Everton are headed under Moshiri, given that he's spent all this money and we've gone backwards.

Blindy saying we should accept his apology and move on, without any evidence that decision making has improved, is a bit of stretch.

It's not just the appointment of Benitez, against all sane advice. It's giving him ultimate power, allowing him to hollow out the footballing side of the business, and then sacking him only a few short weeks later.

That is alarmingly poor judgment, and if you don't see that, or think that he's learned his lesson and all is well because of a well-worded statement, then I can't see that as a rational opinion.

I have no idea what he's like as a manager apart from a decent win percentage and Im willing to bet 99% of those who voted, don't either.

Well said, he's far from perfect, he might be if he stayed away from our transfers, but name me an owner who has invested as much of his wealth as he has, every manager we've had apart from Benitez and Allardyce had a decent first year, but never followed it up. You can't see into the future no matter how rich you are. We have a brand new stadium on the banks of the Mersey being built before our very eyes, we just need a team to play in it, but that's down to managers not fulfilling their early promise.

I know what you’re saying, but it’s quite difficult to imagine that being the case when he’s Fabio Cannavaro. The thought of a ballon d’or winning, World Cup winning captain just never being given an opportunity anywhere seems a bit far fetched. It seems far more likely that he’s decided to go and get paid a fortune in Mickey Mouse leagues with no pressure and belatedly decided he might want to give a proper job a go.

It's very strange isn't it, as we have seen Italian players getting opportunities in Italy. You get the feeling Moshiri really values name recognition. I've seen Gattuso linked, I'm not sure he's much better than Cannavaro.

Status
Not open for further replies.