Fabio Cannavaro - yes or no

Would you like Fabio Cannavaro to be the next Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great player, and came across as a really nice guy as a pundit for itv in Brazil for the 2014 world Cup. But thats my big worry, he's too mild mannered for the bunch of frauds he needs to get a tune out of. Also strange that a player as decorated as him who is now a coach possesses such a weird coaching cv. Very odd.

So a big no from me.

I'm a 'joe bloggs down the road' but the issue is that we are talking a high profile Club appointment and don't need anyone with baggage whether or not there was/is anything in it.
And I also don't think his managerial record is anything to crow about and certainly doesn't inspire me with confidence.
I agree about the management side of it very underwhelming but we have to get behind whoever it is

Very interested that we have managed to interview Cannavaro could this be the influence of Tim Cahill who has played in China and Qatar just like Cannavaro.

With rumours of his return to executive role and Kia Joorabchian advisor role.

Very interested that we have managed to interview Cannavaro could this be the influence of Tim Cahill who has played in China and Qatar just like Cannavaro.

With rumours of his return to executive role and Kia Joorabchian advisor role.
Cannavaro around being interviewed is a bit weird, a bit random.
I certainly agree with you that somebody must be pushing his case to the Everton board.

I said yesterday it would be nice to have them think outside the box and unearth a new Wenger so to speak, so I am not too bothered by this. More than happy for an up coming guy to get it.
While we are hovering above relegation?

Just to put some context to this.

9th Jan - Poland were expecting an answer from Cannavaro about their vacant management job.

9th Jan - Alfredo Pedulla (La Gazzetta dello Sport) reports "no optimism yesterday, perplexity today"

11th Jan - Journalists report Cannavaro rejects Poland job.

11th Jan - I've found some unattributed mentions of Cannavaro turning down Poland job to wait for Premire League offer. Seems to have either come from Di Marzio or Gazzeta but I can't find the source.

18th Jan - Il Mattino print newspaper (Pino Taormina) report Everton are interested in Cannavaro

20th Jan - Il Mattino newspaper (Pino Taormina) reports there was a "long conversation this morning between Everton and Cannavaro"

20th Jan - Gazzeta report that Everton have contacted Cannavaro about the job.

20th Jan - Jason Burt says Cannavaro has been interviewed.

20th Jan - Phil Kirkbride plays down Cannavaro interview talks and says he's not being considered for the job.

20th Jan - Jason Burt hits back saying the interview went well.

So interestingly Pino Taormina who was the first person to report Cannavaro turning down the Poland job was the first source to report Everton being interested in Cannavaro and the first to report on the actual interview.

Nowt against this lad, he was a great player, but I just don't get why they've even interviewed him.

It's hard to understand Moshiri's decisions at all.
Looks like DBB has no influence (otherwise Unsy would be in for a shout lol) but seriously, why are we only doing what Moshiri says. Serious lack of football experience on the board, even after Sharp's appointment.

I get the criticism of Rooney's experience as manager but what has this guy done to prove he can win in the Premier League either? And if he turns out to be the next superstar he will be at Juventus within 48 hours of being deemed a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.