Fake News By Everton FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A journo tweeted it saying “sources inside the club said”. The source has no name.

Other journos then started their stories based on it using the “SSN understands…” style which basically means they don’t know for sure but can’t be done for misinformation as it was just what the “understood” at the time.

Lots of us where laughing at the randomness of it, but really if it happened then they should have said, and if it didn’t then someone OR the club should explain themselves.

If someone put DBB in a full on head lock effectively attacking her, then the fan base would want to know and show support that physical violence is a disgrace and the fans do not condone this, even if we expect better.

Hence the fake news thread. Something stinks here.

Didn't they say something along the lines of the 'source' not wanting to be named because they feared for their safety.

I'm unsure what the board had to gain by adding a falsified allegation of a headlock into the comms with media. Surely the online death threats alluded to in the written statement alone were enough of a concern to justify skipping the game where an anti board protest had been arranged?

Has anybody tweeted DBB and asked her directly what happened? If so, did they get a response? I don't do social media but would someone do so if it's not already been done, please. Thanks.

No one could see Forest springing to life until 2 games ago.

18 games to go - 2 points separating 6 teams....

I did! They brought in so many players all desperate to prove themselves. I bet the manager got hands on in training, won them over and now he’s reaping the benefits. Plus they had nothing to lose.

We need a new manager, and we'll get one. Forget about Frank.

It’s actually nice to see you so optimistic Dave. I’d love us to turn this around and get some wins.

Anyone you fancy for next manager? Someone who works closely with the players maybe?

Has anybody tweeted DBB and asked her directly what happened? If so, did they get a response? I don't do social media but would someone do so if it's not already been done, please. Thanks.

I’d go with this.

If someone attacked her they need putting to justice. Hiding it for “unity” like some have suggested or whatever is the wrong thing to do here.

It’s actually nice to see you so optimistic Dave. I’d love us to turn this around and get some wins.

Anyone you fancy for next manager? Someone who works closely with the players maybe?

Ild take Nuno. Fat chance of that.

Moyes or Dyche probably. I'm past caring about purity now.

I'm unsure what the board had to gain by adding a falsified allegation of a headlock into the comms with media. Surely the online death threats alluded to in the written statement alone were enough of a concern to justify skipping the game where an anti board protest had been arranged?
So why was it added if it wasn't in the main statement?

Ild take Nuno. Fat chance of that.

Moyes or Dyche probably. I'm past caring about purity now.

Do you agree whoever comes in needs to get hands on with the players? Get the best out of them, a couple of additions to boost morale and we might get out of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.