Fandango and Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha is this for real? ijjy will be so made up. Remember everyone jizzing over this guy a few months a go in the wrestlemania thread. As i don't watch it anymore i struggled to understand what the hell was going on but i loved it.

I imagine some of the people who had a problem with this are those who don't think everton need fans from outside of Liverpool postcode...

Also don't be surprised if this all gets a mention by the official WWE twitter account, or even on the show if he visits the ground when they're over in November. Massive, massive exposure for the club, coupled with the US tour in the summer and Landon Donovan, could really help us crack a very important market

It's fantastic. A PR coup from a club infamous for failing to take opportunities.

This guy is known to millions of people and whether you like wrestling or not it's a great chance to appeal to families in Britain and possibly break into the US market a bit more too.

This is far more viable than the very tenuous link Sylvester Stallone had to the club. It's a big well done to the club from me.

It's embarrassing.

How's that Bry?

Put yourself in the position of someone trying to generate interest in the club, market it to the masses.

" WRESTLING LADS, THATS WHAT WE WILL DO " - said nobody, ever.

I know wrestling may well be an attraction to some people, and i don't begrudge that type of cross marketing, can you please point me in the direction of any club ( Football or other ) that has sought to market themselves via WWF, im not saying it won't be a success and im all for us spreading the name - but we are Everton, if them lot over the park did, we'd be in f*cking stitches.

the RS not that i'm using them as a particular excuse here, can only recall their investment from Lebron Jame as an example, came from their current owners mutually investing in a investment ( i think ) and that company invested a minority in LFC.

We've got a wrestler wearing a shirt in a selfie.

Forgive me for not raving about it

Put yourself in the position of someone trying to generate interest in the club, market it to the masses.

I know wrestling may well be an attraction to some people, and i don't begrudge that type of cross marketing, can you please point me in the direction of any club ( Football or other ) that has sought to market themselves via WWF, im not saying it won't be a success and im all for us spreading the name - but we are Everton, if them lot over the park did, we'd be in f*cking stitches.

Rubbish.

john-cena-este-fan-al-fotbalului-din-premier-league-la-ce-super-echipa-vrea-sa-cumpere-actiuni_1.jpg

16230216.jpg

Last edited:

The club haven't sought to do anything at all though. This was all driven by a fan campaign on Twitter to have his walk out theme song played when Everton asked for song suggestions for a matchday.

The song wasn't even played but it led to a bit of back and forth between the club and the wrestler, which was actually pretty funny and entertaining and that's coming from someone that finds wrestling ridiculous.

He's a popular character with loads of younger fans that do like the wrestling though so having their favourite team loosely connected with one of their favourite wrestlers must be f*cking great for them.

It's light hearted and humorous, the club aren't using it as a selling point for the club to potential investors.

The club haven't sought to do anything at all though. This was all driven by a fan campaign on Twitter to have his walk out theme song played when Everton asked for song suggestions for a matchday.

The song wasn't even played but it led to a bit of back and forth between the club and the wrestler, which was actually pretty funny and entertaining and that's coming from someone that finds wrestling ridiculous.

He's a popular character with loads of younger fans that do like the wrestling though so having their favourite team loosely connected with one of their favourite wrestlers must be f*cking great for them.

It's light hearted and humorous, the club aren't using it as a selling point for the club to potential investors.

This basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.