Fandango and Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, I think the wrestling is utter mince, and take every opportunity to hound my wee brother for watching it at 26 years old.

Hi Stuart x

the RS not that i'm using them as a particular excuse here, can only recall their investment from Lebron Jame as an example, came from their current owners mutually investing in a investment ( i think ) and that company invested a minority in LFC.

We've got a wrestler wearing a shirt in a selfie.

Forgive me for not raving about it

Don't recall many people laughing at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Wi1LymzSE[video=youtube;y9Wi1LymzSE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Wi1LymzSE[/video]

tumblr_lwg5nqw2ta1qzjix8.gif

Former British wrestler from Liverpool, and Current WWE employee, trainer and talent scout based in Florida... and mad Evertonian, Robbie Brookside:

wwe-nxt-crew.jpg

BWZ2KsaIUAACfMt.jpg

Last edited:
Put yourself in the position of someone trying to generate interest in the club, market it to the masses.

" WRESTLING LADS, THATS WHAT WE WILL DO " - said nobody, ever.

I know wrestling may well be an attraction to some people, and i don't begrudge that type of cross marketing, can you please point me in the direction of any club ( Football or other ) that has sought to market themselves via WWF, im not saying it won't be a success and im all for us spreading the name - but we are Everton, if them lot over the park did, we'd be in f*cking stitches.

This opinion is only really valid if you think wrestling is crap.

Loads of people either like it or aren't arsed.

The situation is basically an American celebrity who has enjoyed a bit of banter with Everton fans on twitter, developed a small interest in the club, keeps mentioning them on Twitter, the club has noticed, and has sent him a shirt. Which he has worn and tweeted about. It's a nice, fun, little bit of banter, a bit of publicity for the club in an area where they would not normally get publicity.

It's tremendous opportunism and marketing by Everton and Alan Myers in particular. Anyone who thinks this is embarrassing or a negative is utterly clueless. Anyone who thinks this is something 'we would laugh at if the RS did it' hasn't been paying attention, given they filmed Sheamus (another WWE wrestler) being given a tour of their ground a few years ago. English footy teams get mentioned in one fashion or another all the time in WWE. For example, Preston fan & British WWE star Wade Barrett writes a regular column for the Preston North End matchday programme.

i5oyh5.jpg

Us giving Fandango a shirt really isn't something that other clubs haven't done with other wrestlers. It's certainly not some kind of shameful or embarrassing act; that's a really silly opinion to have.

Last edited:
This opinion is only really valid if you think wrestling is crap.

Loads of people either like it or aren't arsed.

The situation is basically an American celebrity who has enjoyed a bit of banter with Everton fans on twitter, developed a small interest in the club, keeps mentioning them on Twitter, the club has noticed, and has sent him a shirt. Which he has worn and tweeted about. It's a nice, fun, little bit of banter, a bit of publicity for the club in an area where they would not normally get publicity.

It's tremendous opportunism and marketing by Everton and Alan Myers in particular. Anyone who thinks this is embarrassing or a negative is utterly clueless. Anyone who thinks this is something 'we would laugh at if the RS did it' hasn't been paying attention, given they filmed Sheamus (another WWE wrestler) being given a tour of their ground a few years ago. English footy teams get mentioned in one fashion or another all the time in WWE. For example, Preston fan & British WWE star Wade Barrett writes a regular column for the Preston North End matchday programme.

i5oyh5.jpg

Us giving Fandango a shirt really isn't something that other clubs haven't done with other wrestlers. It's certainly not some kind of shameful or embarrassing act; that's a really silly opinion to have.

This.

I for one am delighted with this.

Good on him, say I

Status
Not open for further replies.