Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Whoever our manager is, our problems will continue if Moshiri doesn't leave football stuff to people who know the game and are acting in the club's best interests. I really hope he's learned something from this latest debacle, but somehow I doubt it.

He’s just fiddling while Goodison burns.
A modern day Nero, but less sane.
Nero was actually out of the city when the fire started and returned to provide relief. The senators(who wrote the history books) hated him, as did the Christians(who later took over the history lessons), but it was the fact he built his palace on the ruined part of the city that brought the ire of the population and he scapegoated the Christians. So for all his flaws that particular myth is undeserved and yea Moshiri is a nutter! +1pts for not hiring Pereira though :)

Can we all admit that he may have gotten this right so far but still is a madman of an owner? If he just let football people make the decisions he would be a fantastic owner. But, my lord, he needs to bin off Kia and stop interfering.
The only thing he's got right is not going with Pereira. Lampard, if confirmed, excited me about as much as a Pirlo, Gattusso, Cannavaro etc.

Being good as a player doesn't mean you are going to be a decent manager. What we need is someone more than decent.

The only thing he's got right is not going with Pereira. Lampard, if confirmed, excited me about as much as a Pirlo, Gattusso, Cannavaro etc.

Being good as a player doesn't mean you are going to be a decent manager. What we need is someone more than decent.
Why do you think we could attract someone more than Decent?

Not every former player is gonna hit it out the park first time like a Zidane or Guardiola

Gerrard took 2 seasons to mould Rangers before finally winning the title last year

Arteta is still finding his feet at Arsenal despite winning the FA Cup in his first year

Lampard took Derby to the play offs, beat the favourites Leeds and lost out to what was the beginnings of a good young Villa side, he then took on the Chelsea job under a transfer ban, made Reese James and Mason Mount into first team players and England internationals and got 4th, he wasn’t even that far off points wise when he was replaced with Tuchel last season

Don't necessarily think we can mate because we're a shitshow but we weren't even floating the idea of a Garcia, Favre, Kovac? Newcastle were linked with them because they're free agents with a bit about them.

I didn't mind Lampard as a player or even as a manager tbh, personally that is, and I hope to god that he pulls use out of the mire. Just disappointed that we're not aiming for absolute top drawer that is available.

At least it's not Rooney, though.

Don't necessarily think we can mate because we're a shitshow but we weren't even floating the idea of a Garcia, Favre, Kovac? Newcastle were linked with them because they're free agents with a bit about them.

I didn't mind Lampard as a player or even as a manager tbh, personally that is, and I hope to god that he pulls use out of the mire. Just disappointed that we're not aiming for absolute top drawer that is available.

At least it's not Rooney, though.
Yeah but Newcastle were linked with all kinds and got Howe, same as a few weeks ago the media were trying to link them with Raheem Sterling and much better players then they actually got.
I actually am suprised we got Lampard, I thought we were going to get stuck with Duncan at best.

I think this idea that he needs to leave decisions to football people is nonsense. Since he joined there has been a procession of “football people” from directors, to managers, to scouts, to players, to agents who have bled this guy dry. It seems anyone can get in his ear and get him to change course. How can you be a billionaire and be this bad at running an organisation?
All of the top clubs in Europe have a sporting director who outlasts the managers and a top analytics and scouting team. If you get the transfers right you can suffer a bad manager. With that in place our manager ideally should play a modern pressing style with several years at a recent club showing continuous improvement. We should sign young British talent from The Championship and below, and the best young talents from abroad. Minimal short term fixes unless they are absolute bargains. Grow the squad together and in a couple years have a stable club that can kick on to have a shot at top 4.
We need an owner who surrounds himself with the right people and has the vision, leadership and conviction to make it happen and see through any wobbles. Lampard is a complete shot in the dark, and we will just have to hope it works. If this wasn’t my club I’d say the guy deserves to lose all his money- he hasn’t got a clue.

Not every former player is gonna hit it out the park first time like a Zidane or Guardiola

Gerrard took 2 seasons to mould Rangers before finally winning the title last year

Arteta is still finding his feet at Arsenal despite winning the FA Cup in his first year

Lampard took Derby to the play offs, beat the favourites Leeds and lost out to what was the beginnings of a good young Villa side, he then took on the Chelsea job under a transfer ban, made Reese James and Mason Mount into first team players and England internationals and got 4th, he wasn’t even that far off points wise when he was replaced with Tuchel last season
He took Derby far by raiding youth ranks for excellent players who wouldn't get into Chelsea's first team squad and guaranteed then games. Mount showed for at least a year that he was far too good for the Championship.

If you're saying he also turned Mount and James, two generational talents, into who they are as if they were Jonjoe Kenny come Cafu, then there's not a lot I can say to that, really. I think he should have had more time at Chelsea given how things were but Tuchel came in and they instantly looked better to be fair.

He's not Benitez. He's not Rooney. He's not Pereira. He's also not the best out there, jobless. Nil Satis and all that

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

….again, it’s just an absolutely ludicrous statement. You churn up the same regarding only being able to ‘attract poor players’.

There will be great managers out there who would jump at the chance of joining Everton just like there will be great players out there who would jump at the chance of joining Everton.

Great managers and players might not be familiar to you or me but an absolute fit for Everton is out there. It’s often a matter of right man, right time, right place. To think we have to appoint somebody who isn’t ‘decent‘ is an absolute nonsense.

The huge challenge is appointing the right person, I have no idea who that might be. I certainly knew the wrong person was your beloved Benitez but it doesn’t mean we should now engage somebody just as disastrous.

Let’s not forget, for the last 6 months you have bombarded this site with nothing short of adulation & hero worship for a man not fit to be anywhere near our club & now you attempt to lecture to us again without one ounce of contrition.

Last edited: